A/C Capacitor blows twice in one year?

Both on the hottest weekends of the year no doubt. When this happens the A/C blows, but it doesn't blow cold.

First time was $ for my HVAC guy to come out on a Sunday (after we tried to weather through it on Saturday) for him to take 15 minutes to swap the capacitor out and check our freon level.

Second time was last night, luckily the part was under warranty and the same HVAC guy did not charge me a service fee.

Is there anything I can ask my HVAC guy to check as to why these seem to pop on an annual basis?

Thanks!

Last edited by beenthere; 06-21-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: price

Three words....MADE IN CHINA

nothing is built with quality over there!!!!!!
    You're only as good as your customer will allow you to be.........If they want junk, sell them junk, but make your junk look neat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superd77 View Post
    Three words....MADE IN CHINA

nothing is built with quality over there!!!!!!
    I guess the box with an American flag printed on it doesn't mean it was made in the USA?

Guy said he was using good quality caps. At least he replaced it free of charge.

I cant buy "good quality caps" anymore. part houses only sell the cheap stuff around here.
    You're only as good as your customer will allow you to be.........If they want junk, sell them junk, but make your junk look neat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superd77 View Post
    I cant buy "good quality caps" anymore. part houses only sell the cheap stuff around here.
    So you just toss in the cheap junk and hope for the best?

Ive had the same results out of both. Some of those things are DOA. I always check them with a meter before i put one on. That dont mean they will last forever...or even overnight.

Assuming this capacitor is part of the start kit (start relay, start capacitor and run capacitor), I would suggest you ask your tech to make sure the voltage is correct when the unit is trying to start and replace the start relay.