Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My cat attacket me last night!

Around 10:30pm we hear cats fighting. My one cat had kittens, we kept one and she's 3 months.
    The 2 cats were hissing and fighting in my daughters room. My wife and I ran in the bedroom. Mommy cat had the kitten pinned and biting her at the throat. The little kitten was ****ting all over the place. I yelled at mom cat and we took the kitten away.
    The kitten was in the kitchen now. Mom cat still in the bedroom. I chased mom cat out of the bedroom and she ran right after the kitten again pinned to the ground and what looked like she wanted to kill her.
    I grabbed the cat by the tail. When she then took her anger out on my hand. So nearly chocking her to death. I put her in the garage in a cage. Before getting her in the cage she attacked my one dog.
    A very exciting night lol.

WOW, I had cats all my life. I had 1 dad and his two sons. All indoor cats. 1 son got out. When he came back, oh man....the scent he brought back started a war. The 2 that stayed in were always great. The went after this cat, hissing and SCREAMING. He had to go.....But as far as your situation, is this the mothers first litter? How long have you had her? This could be a territory issue. Could also be the mother might not recognize that the kitten IS HERS anymore. Tough to say. Do you have kids, be careful. If your an animal lover its hard to see your own at war.
    “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” ~ Sir Isaac Newton

I'm learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma!!!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1010 View Post
    WOW, I had cats all my life. I had 1 dad and his two sons. All indoor cats. 1 son got out. When he came back, oh man....the scent he brought back started a war. The 2 that stayed in were always great. The went after this cat, hissing and SCREAMING. He had to go.....But as far as your situation, is this the mothers first litter? How long have you had her? This could be a territory issue. Could also be the mother might not recognize that the kitten IS HERS anymore. Tough to say. Do you have kids, be careful. If your an animal lover its hard to see your own at war.
    It is the cats first litter. We had the mom cat for 2 years. I took the mom cat out of the cage this morning, so far so good.
    It's weired because early that day they were fine the kitten was nursing off her. It was like she was possessed. She cut me up good.

See what kids can drive you to?!
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Lol, been there, done that, got the scars.

She'll do it again, but now she knows to wait for a time when your not around to stop her. Keep her caged until you can get her to vet and get her spayed. Its instinct to want the last kit to go away so shes ready for another litter, meaning she's either in heat, or going to be in heat soon. Some mother cats can deal with having their kits around, and then there's some that decide that a remaining kit endangers future litters, they decide it's weak because it won't leave and want to kill it.

Went thru this crap with Maine coons weighing 35lb's and up. Had to wear elbow length welding gloves, two sweat shirts,. and a fkn motorcycle helmet, and still got my ass kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by gasoilair View Post
    Lol, been there, done that, got the scars.

She'll do it again, but now she knows to wait for a time when your not around to stop her. Keep her caged until you can get her to vet and get her spayed. Its instinct to want the last kit to go away so shes ready for another litter, meaning she's either in heat, or going to be in heat soon. Some mother cats can deal with having their kits around, and then there's some that decide that a remaining kit endangers future litters, they decide it's weak because it won't leave and want to kill it.

Went thru this crap with Maine coons weighing 35lb's and up. Had to wear elbow length welding gloves, two sweat shirts,. and a fkn motorcycle helmet, and still got my ass kicked.
    35lbs????? Arent they called Mountain Lions...lol hahaha motorcycle helmet... thats great!!
    “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” ~ Sir Isaac Newton

I'm learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma!!!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Farm

Drop her off at a farm around 2 or 3 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1010 View Post
    35lbs????? Arent they called Mountain Lions...lol hahaha motorcycle helmet... thats great!!
    LoL, Sorry, was thinking and typing two different things. They can GET up to 35lbs. My last male, Butchy, was 29 lbs and 37" head to tail. I had him from a kit and he died in his sleep when he was 17 years old.

The female we had the problem with was maybe 20lbs and was like wrestling down a cougar. Generally, these cats are extremely laid back and gentle. (Not to mention super smart) Something just snapped in her brain at 5 or 6 years old and she had to be put down.

I swore I would not have another one after Butchy because they suffer in the summer when the OAT and humidity are high, so they pretty much stay inside in the air.

That's why I leave the damn cats outside in the barn where they belong. Don't have that kind of problem with the dog, she like her cushy life inside and would never think of causing a problem.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

I heard BP and Obama were asking for unwanted cats to sop up the oil in the Gulf, then light the cats on fire.
    PETA was reviewing the procedure.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by fzr600r View Post
    Drop her off at a farm around 2 or 3 in the morning.
    Funny, if it wasn't for last night.

I live on a farm. After spending 20 minutes catching a lightening bug that was terrorizing my 3 year old at 3am, I heard a crying meow on my back step. It was an 8 year old kitten.

I went to bed, hoping something would come along and eat it before morning but at 5:30, it was still there crying.

My wife fed it, my daughter named it. I now have a cat.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Had to take ol cranky cat for her shot....our youngest was just born, cat went crazy. In the crib, hissing and P*ssing, claws out. Heard the noise on the monitor, found the cat gone nuts, hadn't scratched the baby yet, torn up blanket made a mess .My arm got scratched up, hand got chewed. My wife wanted to keep the mild mannered cat, but I wouldn't ever trust it again. Out for a walk in the bush, the cat didn't come back.
    Save me Jebus

I'm not a fan of cats. I am a fan of my daughter. When she was about 5, the cat she loved came home with a pretty bad cut on her foot.

A few days later, the cut was badly infected. I'm a farm kid, I don't need a big city vet. I knew the cat wasn't going to like having the wound cleaned out so I put on a pair of welding gloves to do the job.

It was a struggle. It's hard to convince a cat to lay still while you rip open an infected wound and swab it out with alcohol.

Today, 5 years later, the cat and I aren't friends but we tolerate each other... unless she sees me wearing welding gloves. She's got a pretty good memory.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast