+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Printing to lap top from York panel.

Post Likes

Printing to lap top from York panel.

I have had at one time a procedure and parts needed to print to a laptop for electronic file keeping. Parts was a cable maybe an adapter. I believe i placed an order years ago from blackbox but never received it .
    Long story short is anyone doing this and know what parts i need to order
    Thank you all again.

Post Likes
    you can use the hyperterminal set up on your laptop.
    Doug

Post Likes
    buy a short 9 pin db9 female to female and cut it in half.Now you have two connectors.use the attachment to ring out the wires.The colors may be differant but make sure the wire matches the number on the db9 (5,7,2) to the desinated hookup in the board.Follow the attachment instructions.I have used it on screws and centrifugals optiview and single line millineum panels.
    optivew gives a lot of info,where ever you see a print button on the display.
    When saving select browse and pick a folder and name the file then save.
    On the attachment ignore the millineum db8 and the wire colors ,I scribbled
    those when I was making my cables.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Likes
    When you get your cable made up it works well if you take some solid t-stat wire and solder it to the rs-232 cable wires 2-5-7. The wires that come with the cable are to small and difficult to deal with when trying to get them under the screw terminals. Also Get some ABC wire markers and label the wires DSR GND and TXD, then put clear scotch tape over them to keep them on there. This makes it simple, I have a ton of log sheets saved in my laptop, I have been doing it for years.

Post Likes
    Also if you dont have a laptop with rs232 connection you have to use a pc card, usb to rs232 adapter will not work. At least not for me! Good luck

Post Likes
    Very impressive guys! I will get my material and attempt to make up my connector. I am kinda excited about it Thanks again

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chad_nc View Post
    Also if you dont have a laptop with rs232 connection you have to use a pc card, usb to rs232 adapter will not work. At least not for me! Good luck
    I have used a usb to serial for metasys and hvac pro. I am clueless on a pc card. Is there a certain brand or model to get, I did a google search and came up with alot of wireless cards.
    Is this what i need ? http://www.amazon.com/1PORT-RS-232-P.../dp/B002NPCE6I

Post Likes
    Is there software required to hook up to York chillers? Something like techview maybe?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerguy81 View Post
    Is there software required to hook up to York chillers? Something like techview maybe?
    From my understanding No just windows software on your computer.
    Best to have someone who has done it to verify

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pringlel View Post
    I have used a usb to serial for metasys and hvac pro. I am clueless on a pc card. Is there a certain brand or model to get, I did a google search and came up with alot of wireless cards.
    Is this what i need ? http://www.amazon.com/1PORT-RS-232-P.../dp/B002NPCE6I
    That will probably work, It looks just like the one I have except The brand is different. The one I have is a Quatech and was about $100 if I remember right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerguy81 View Post
    Its hyperterminal and its on most windows based computers under communications tab.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chad_nc View Post
    Its hyperterminal and its on most windows based computers under communications tab.
    10-4 Thanks. I knew it could be done but never tried it and didn't know exactly what was involved.

Post Likes
    Somebody already submitted how to do this but I thought I would add my version anyway.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    I also use a Quatech with xp pro.I use my Trane 25 ft m/f for reach.It works on ch530,danfoss tubocore,McQuay 100,200 and York with Hyperteminal (xp pro windows).I think you still can buy a db9 from dell special order.Some other techs that have win 7 say it works also.

Post Likes
    This worked great on some Lattitude screws but I could not get it to work on an Optiview panel on a YK. Tried switching the printer types in the setup and changing the baud rate in hyperterminal, with no luck. Any suggestions?

Post Likes
    Make sure your comm 2 settings match your hyperterminal settings.

Post Likes
    The port was set at 9600 baud, I set it to 1200 and will try it again when I go back.

Post Likes
    i am using the EASY SYNC working fine for me and i use it on the ICIV chilles with Hyper Terminal

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in