Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My wife and I just got back from the Bahamas, and are trying to duplicate this drink we had while on vacation, but it's not coming out well.

Maybe somebody knows...at Atlantis they called it the Atlantian, or the Abyss.

Recently at a restaurant they had the same thing but called it a Blue Hawaiian (spelling?)

Here's what I know, 1oz of dark rum, 1oz of malibu rum, 1oz blue curaco and pineapple juice.

Just doesnt taste right though, seems to sweet or something.

Anybody know?
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Name Banana Blue Hawaiian (1st)
    Ingredients
    1 oz Rum
    1 oz Blue Curacao or Schnapps
    2 oz banana mix or 1/3 nectar
    fill with 1/2 pina colada mix
    1/2 pineapple juice
    ice

Instructions
    Rocks or blended frozen

Name Banana Blue Hawaiian (2nd)
    Ingredients
    1 oz Rum
    1 oz Blue Curacao or Schnapps
    2/3 pina colada mix
    1/3 pineapple juice
    1 banana
    ice

Instructions

blended or frozen

I think you were missing the pina colada mix.

Smile

Atlantis,huh. Nice place isn't it. Went once and had a great time. Hope to come back sometime. Enjoyed walking around site drinking bahama mamas and seeing the sights!!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by hvac r us 2
    My wife and I just got back from the Bahamas, and are trying to duplicate this drink we had while on vacation, but it's not coming out well.

Maybe somebody knows...at Atlantis they called it the Atlantian, or the Abyss.

Recently at a restaurant they had the same thing but called it a Blue Hawaiian (spelling?)

Here's what I know, 1oz of dark rum, 1oz of malibu rum, 1oz blue curaco and pineapple juice.

Just doesnt taste right though, seems to sweet or something.

Anybody know?
    probably need "unsweetened" pineapple juice.

Those silly drinks just taste better

when you can hear the ocean. You'll never get that same taste at home I'll bet. When in Belize- me and a buddy were saying how much we LOVED Belikin Beer. One of the locals said, thats the nastiest gassiest beer on the planet. You love it 'cause your on a vacation high and everything is awesome. Take a few bottles home and try it there, and compare it to your regular beer. He was right, yuck!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by Trublshter
    Atlantis,huh. Nice place isn't it. Went once and had a great time. Hope to come back sometime. Enjoyed walking around site drinking bahama mamas and seeing the sights!!
    A group of us Scuba divers went to Nassau and stayed on the opposite end of the island from Atlantis. The place was a bread and breakfast tpye operation that was once an orange plantation. Now that was the Bahamas! One night we rode the dollar bus to the ferry and rode over to Atlantis to see how the rich people lived.

Back at our place they made a rum drink with oj(of course) that would knock your socks off. If you were wearing socks

oil-2-4-6-gas is offline Professional Member b&M _email server rejected

my wife and i went to Atlantis 8 years ago when they had just finished it great place the predator pool was cool--we were there 10 days funny thing was there was a resturaunt just down the beach -had dinner their 1 night went back for a nice sunset dinner 8 days later --they changed hands painted revamped it was a completely different place.. do you still have to ask for ketchup ?they seemed to hide it ---the coolest thing that we did was the sub-marine with the glass observation the sides and bottom about a mile out in the ocean ----take a bus out of town to some old fishing boat and jump into a little sub

Originally posted by hvac r us 2
    My wife and I just got back from the Bahamas, and are trying to duplicate this drink we had while on vacation, but it's not coming out well. Maybe somebody knows...at Atlantis they called it the Atlantian, or the Abyss. Recently at a restaurant they had the same thing but called it a Blue Hawaiian (spelling?) Here's what I know, 1oz of dark rum, 1oz of malibu rum, 1oz blue curaco and pineapple juice. Just doesnt taste right though, seems to sweet or something. Anybody know?
    5oz Dark Rum, 5oz Malibu Rum, 1oz Blue Caraco & 1oz Pineapple Juice.

Drink 2 or 3 of these real quick and you won't care what they taste like.

hvac - try using alittle less malibu

workhorse- that will trick you into thinking you're in the islands, proper thing if you cant get away

How do you make us drink?

Well, first I'd start out by talking about NATE, then unions .....

Re: How do you make us drink?

Originally posted by midhvac
    Well, first I'd start out by talking about NATE, then unions .....

LOL, very true and very good!!

Wink

Sounds like a "Hairy Buffalo" party- where you pour all different kinds of alcohol in a trash can, mix it together, and drink it. Yee-Ha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast