Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Service agreements

Did a search and and did not see a past thread, anyways the war has begun over the selling of Service Agreements. The first opportunity to sell them always will be the person who answers the phone for the company. That being said it is then up to the field person to gather the information and get any paperwork signed, I have always argued that if there is a bonus paid for selling agreements, that the person in the office should split it with the tech gathering the info. As Service Manager I hear this complaint all the time, that the office sold the agreement, but they have to do all of the leg work. How do you or your company handle this? Thoughts?

Do the techs split their overtime pay with the people in the office that send them out to overtime calls?.

Are the people in the office paid as much for 40 hours as the service techs?
    If the office people went out and checked the same info as the service techs are. Would they be given a company vehicle and the same pay as the service techs get?

Obviously, the office people aren't doing the PM.
    So if a different tech did the PM then the one that went out and got the info. Should that tech now also get some of that commission?

If a service tech sales a PM contract. Do they also want to share that commission with the office people that have to enter the data into the computer?
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

^^^ Please don't double post^^^
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

-- William Ernest Henley

Quote Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
    ^^^ Please don't double post^^^

Who double posted?
    Contractor locator map

the office staff is not responsible for our customers, we are they take the call make a work order and techs sell the aggreements we also process the agreement there fore eliminating this problem , we invoice and collect ....as well

remember the office staff is there to support the techs not have the techs support them. without the techs there is no office person. techs are sales based , if you are a good tech people will want you and only you .... there fore increasing your value hence commission

Some companies have an office staff that sells over the phone. And just like any telemarketing person. They are paid a commission.
    Contractor locator map

In our company if the tech sells the pm as well as does the paperwork, he get all the comission. If the office ladies have to get involved, i.e. type proposals it gets split. If a office lady gets a lead and needs equipment info. a tech goes out and gets the info. and gets paid by the hour. He gets no comission cuz he didn't sell it.

when i sell a svc agreement...a whopping $5 paid at sum point...
    svc manager says,,,i save them till they add up...

Quote Originally Posted by fl ac View Post
    Did a search and and did not see a past thread, anyways the war has begun over the selling of Service Agreements. The first opportunity to sell them always will be the person who answers the phone for the company. That being said it is then up to the field person to gather the information and get any paperwork signed, I have always argued that if there is a bonus paid for selling agreements, that the person in the office should split it with the tech gathering the info. As Service Manager I hear this complaint all the time, that the office sold the agreement, but they have to do all of the leg work. How do you or your company handle this? Thoughts?
    I used to sell an annual service agreement to 99% of all my scheduled customers when I did residential. The off ice had no part in it whatsoever. I made more money in spiffs than I did on my regular checks!

Quote Originally Posted by pauls heating & View Post
    when i sell a svc agreement...a whopping $5 paid at sum point...
    svc manager says,,,i save them till they add up...
    Why bother. It should be at least 10$ per season.

Thanks for all of the input

Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    Why bother. It should be at least 10$ per season.
    exactly..a whopping one time $5 ....when she decides to slip it in my check...not really worth trying to keep track of..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast