4 pipe, chilled-air system, damaged insulation replacement

Question

I'm a rookie building manager, so pretend like I'm in kindergarten.

The large input water supply pipe has damage in the insulation. Some of it was removed. Now we have a major condensation problem. And there is suspect mold. Air quality test said we have mold spores in the air.

Question 1: Is there a way to replace the damaged insullation while still cooling building. We have several computers which run 24/7. Engineer says insullation cannot be changed while water is dripping from pipe.

Question 2: There is suspect mold in the old insullation. Engineer says disturbing the mold will only make the problem worse. Says he can kill mold with 10% bleach solution but books say that it will not kill spores.

Need all the help I can get,
    Elaine

It wont hurt to wrap the pipes with the chilled water going through them, we do it all the time, we cant shut down the system just to insulate. It is harder to do when wet, but can be done. As far as the mold thing goes, The pipes would have to have been leaking a long time to create the mold, but if it is mold, and not just mildew, I'd get a pro to remove it.

Hmm 4 pipe, chilled-air system, damaged insulation replacement

I don't understand how it would be OK to put insullation on top of condesnsing pipes. The seal has to be water tight and it would then just keep the water in. I also read that fiber glass insullation just soaks up the water and wet insulation degrades the efficiency of the system.

You mean there is no way to somehow dry out the pipe and get an air tight seal?