+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ord-4 and orit-6 used for head pressure control

Post Likes

Re: Re: Andy.......

Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    A differential valve is essentially a check valve that has a spring which will require some desired amount of pressure differential to open.
    Well, back in the old days we called 'em spring loaded checks 'cause we couldn't spell diferinshul.

Post Likes
    Besides all of the basics that Dave mentioned I would like to add.....

The head presure is way too high. Is it high because the ori valve has failed closed and all of the refrigerant is in the condenser driving the head out of sight. If so the condenser outlet should be pretty cold to the touch(relative to the inferno you have going on in the liquid line.)

Another problem that will cause the ord to pass gas to the liquid line uncontroled is when the system is short of refrigerant. You mentioned the hot liquid line, the hot box temp, the high suction, is the liquid line full????

your boss is (as we say out here in the west) a crack head if he thinks that the operation of that system is normal. An if he can show it on paper as being normal he should be in politics...

Post Likes
    Originally posted by refer dude 2479
    Besides all of the basics that Dave mentioned I would like to add.....

The head presure is way too high. Is it high because the ori valve has failed closed and all of the refrigerant is in the condenser driving the head out of sight. If so the condenser outlet should be pretty cold to the touch(relative to the inferno you have going on in the liquid line.)

Another problem that will cause the ord to pass gas to the liquid line uncontroled is when the system is short of refrigerant. You mentioned the hot liquid line, the hot box temp, the high suction, is the liquid line full????

your boss is (as we say out here in the west) a crack head if he thinks that the operation of that system is normal. An if he can show it on paper as being normal he should be in politics...
    LoL,
    What you described is exactly what is happening(stuck valve)
    Does not matter though, he went back the next day and said all was O.K. Maybe"it's a little short on refrigerant"
    so he dumped some in. Said head was down to 235 from 350
    the night before.(Ambient temp was also around 20F cooler.)
    So, I am not in the business of arguing anymore with the guy that signs my check.
    He was concerned about the labor he'll eat replacing the valve.
    I bet he'll love the labor he'll eat on changing out the 4d Discuss,valve,driers,crane, went it fails! Not to mention the ass chewing from the plant management for being down 2 days instead of 4 hours if he would have changed the valve in the first place.
    Bernie
    If you cant fix it right, try again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in