+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gauges

Post Likes

Smile

hi, my high side gauge started too flutter so bad that i can not read it. cansomeone tell me what this might be? thanks ken

Post Likes
    If you're reading compressor discharge pressure right at the compressor and the gauge flutters it's the pulsations from the compressor that's causing it. If you have a backseating discharge valve, just crank it back out slowly to dampen the pulsation and the flutter is minimal.

If that still doesn't work buy a better set of gauges or a liquid filled gauge.

Post Likes

Sometimes

I usually open the high side knob/handle(red one) to the yellow. Meaning the high side pressure is now in the yellow charging hose.That seems to mellow it out a bit.
    It usually works for me ( usually)

Post Likes

Confused gauges

hi, yes i'am reading at the comp discharge side and these gauges never did this before, they were left on for a couple of days, would this affect them? these gauges cost
    me 150.00 and I don't think that this is a cheap set. maybe I am wrong the low sode is ok could I have blowen the high side gauge? thanks ken

Post Likes
    ihave never seen this happen on a residential AC unit thus far, what are u using them on that this is happening

Post Likes

Thumbs up Re: gauges

Originally posted by kc8939
    hi, yes i'am reading at the comp discharge side and these gauges never did this before, they were left on for a couple of days, would this affect them? these gauges cost
    me 150.00 and I don't think that this is a cheap set. maybe I am wrong the low sode is ok could I have blowen the high side gauge? thanks ken
    If you blew your high side gage, then it wouldn't fluctuate. #2 having your gages on over night does not affect the pressure mechanism inside of your gages, unless the head is over 350lbs.

Post Likes
    hmmm, might be some non-condensables in the system.saw this hapen but cant remember what the low side guage was doing. let us know what you find

Post Likes
    kc8939 there is a good chance that there is a piece of crap inside the gauge. Remove gauge from manifold and you might be able to knock it out. If not then replace gauge.
    I have found this to be more of a problem with all the blends now. Yellow Jacket has a mesh screen in all the newer manifolds now.

Post Likes

Re: Re: gauges

Originally posted by madarius
    having your gages on over night does not affect the pressure mechanism inside of your gages, unless the head is over 350lbs.
    Why is 350# the magic number?

And kc8939, it's just the pulses from the discharge piston

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in