York YDTJ-CB info

I have a couple YT G3 A2 C3-CKH chillers with the YDTJ-CB compressors. Its been several years since I went to teardown training and I don't have these in my books. I have a leak on one and will require teardown to fix. My books are YDTH and older. I have found a poor copy of renewal parts 160.45-RP2.2 but it's hardly readable. If anyone could help out with any literature on this chiller and compressor I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

The Renewal Parts pdf's are the one thing JCI put back on the website. See Link.

http://www.johnsoncontrols.pt/publis...ompressors.pdf

Where abouts on the compressor are the leaks.

Confused

Thanks nyrb for the update. The renewal parts info is helpful. The chiller is leaking around the thrust cover. With the machine pumped up to 2 psig the only place I detect any leak is at the thrust cover mainly at half exposed bolts areound inside of motor support. At 6 psig and with detector on high sensitivity I get a wif at shaft seal but nothing like around thrust cover. I have manuals for YDTL series but not for YDTJ-CB. I am sure there are some even if few differences in torque values and clearance/tolerances. Would sure like the service manual if any one has it. Thanks.

I have a 3 machines leaking from the bearing housing oring, all were converted to 123 in the mid to late 90's. I have already repaired two of the three and getting ready to do the last one.

I think i have it but need to figure out how to attach the pdf
    send me a pm I will email it to ya if need be

If it's leaking at the high speed thrust cover, get it to 0 psig, take the bolts out of it and replace the O ring. Teardown is not required.

Wish it was just thrust cover - actual leak a thrust plate gasket.

Chiller techs

Quote Originally Posted by nyrb View Post
    The Renewal Parts pdf's are the one thing JCI put back on the website. See Link.

http://www.johnsoncontrols.pt/publis...ompressors.pdf
    Always handy

Cheers

There's not a "thrust plate gasket". Are you speaking of the rear bearing housing plate on the rotor support? World of difference between that and the HS thrust cover.

Thanks for catching my mistake. I ment to say it is leaking around the rear bearing housing gasket.

Unhappy

OK - I'll try one more time. I have a YT G3 A2 C3-CKH and need the service instructions. Thanks to Pringlel I have the manual up to YT F3 ----. If anyone has the service instructions for the YT G3 ----- I would appreciate this.

Might be a little too late, but i found this pdf file which i believe is what your looking for. I have attached it.
    Attached Files Attached Files