Thread: Mcquay Screw

Hybrid View

Question

Does anybody have info on Mcquay Screw compressor. Model SAL175QA13DA Im lookinin for compressor piping configuration. Internal operation on a ALS090 R-22 Screw chiller. If you could help Thanks Could not find it on my Mcquay CD.

Maybe here?

http://www.mcquay.com/eprise/main/Mc..._Screw_120-400

We just picked up a 150 at a hospital..cool machine..breaks down weekly

[Edited by sonc on 07-28-2004 at 04:01 AM]
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

call the tech line where they are built in Virginia...540-248-9201

dear Chillerguru, did you find required thing?
    I'm asking because I'm looking for manual for this compressor.
    Can you help me?

What do you want to know? This is Stargate-rotor compressor with suction on side discharge at top. liquid injection on side mid compressor econ.at rear of comp.oil cooler at bottom front and dual slide valves in 45*from each other. has pump at rear on rotor.oil sightglass on top mid way.orignal set up across the line start with no oil seperator.retro cek kit softstart and oil seperator.wasn't the best and they were not lasting very long.Although I did come across one that had about 8 years of operation with decent amount of runtime although in my experience wasn't common.New mcquay comp totally different but ALS series didn't fare to well for Mcquay. So far the new style of Mcquay screw AGS ok I just dont care for microtech 2.(coral control).Still prefer Trane RTAA any day.

It is necessary to replace defective compressor and install new one. Vendor sent new unit without oil, absolutely dry.We have no information about working of oil circuit. (Through what orifice fill the circuit? What we have to see in oil sightglass when compressor is working? How does oil circuit works?)

Does it have a CEK on it?
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Hopefully after 5 years, he has been able to locate the info he needs.

looking for compressor breakdown and operation of capacity control, weather slide valve or piston unloading.
    1) Mcquay chiller M# ALS090AS27-ER10 S#stnu990600101
    Compressor M# SAL175QA13DA Style #MR74165703

Go download the iom from their website, it will show what you're looking for.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-01-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-01-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

summerhelp