Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    if he wants to run he has my vote.

Good points and well spoken from your soap box.

Believe it or not, many others have read and agree with you.

keep it up.

This thread has no substance. Shouldn't be surpised. Started by a *Non-Site Supporter*.

Since when are you into substance?

and why would anyone want someone who can be easily knocked of his square to be govna?

Originally posted by MikeJ
    if he wants to run he has my vote.

Good points and well spoken from your soap box.

Believe it or not, many others have read and agree with you.

keep it up.
    I thought Boss just deleted that thread. Boy, sure didn't take long for this replacement thread to pop up

I was thinking about making a long reply to this one when a little voice in the back of my head said "When you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty, but the pig likes it."

Who put that voice in my head????

I musta forgotten my meds today

I didn't see the first thread. I only saw this one because I hit the seen new posts link.

I appreciate the entusiasm Mike, but there are better ways to show it than starting a thread. The title says one thing, but what it really says is "Come dump on that obnoxious ass!"... at least that's what is says to quite a few people.

Rob, you're the last guy that should talk about substance. From what I've seen, a good many of your comments belong in a boys bathroom at the local middle school. HOWEVER, having just spoken with Robo, he assures me that your a good guy. He didn't say "deep down", but I assume that's what he meant.

So who's the pig mid? Mike, myself or both of us? I don't know where the hell you're coming from. I had it out with duct cleaners a while back and I went too far. I have said as much to some of those guys and have corrected my ways. I also made amends with Robo, though I frankly don't even remember what we're arguing about. If you have something to say, then say it. If I did you some wrong, then say it. I'll cop to my errors. But throwing around insults because you don't like the color of my tie or the politcal orientation of my views is "lacking substance" to say the least.

Same goes for you infwsdm. If you have some beef or if I did you some wrong, then say it. I'm as rational as the next guy and know my faults.

And Boss, if you don't mind - leave this thread up for a bit. You may delete anything remotely connected to a postive comment about me if you wish. Change the thread title for all I care. But I don't care for the personal insults and I want to find out which particular toe I stepped on. You're big into the whole no attacking people thing, aren't you? Let me find out what's going on before you delete this.

Originally posted by Irascible
    And Boss, if you don't mind - leave this thread up for a bit. You may delete anything remotely connected to a postive comment about me if you wish. Change the thread title for all I care. But I don't care for the personal insults and I want to find out which particular toe I stepped on. You're big into the whole no attacking people thing, aren't you? Let me find out what's going on before you delete this.
    Why not email boss and ask him
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

I don't think I deleted any thread or post of yours Irascible except one regarding Site Supporters. However, you do seem to enjoy rattling the cage, I wish you would just come on here and enjoy the site for what it is, warts and all, and just smile and have some fun, teach and learn. Don't worry about others short comings, just worry about yourself. Anyway, it's Sunday, family day for me, cheers.

I was only referencing something someone said above about a prior thread being deleted. I have no first hand knowledge of that nor am I aware of you ever having deleted my posts.

Though while were on the topic, locking my prior thread was totally uncalled for. I was not commenting on the site, per se, at all. I was commenting on the unnecessary hostility shown homeowners and newbs to the trade. YOU or this site are not directly responsible for that. But apparently I touched a nerve because you saw fit to close a perfectly reasonable observation backed others. Only Rob's declaration of a "right" to be a jerk dragged that thread down. Even then there was no flame war.

I frankly don't get the politics around here, though I am starting to get a picture. If anyone cares to explain it, I'll be happy to listen. Rattling cages? Hell, that's the very definition of what Dice, James, Robo and a bunch of other people - especially Rob - do on a daily basis. How is it that you should see fit to comment on me? Because I dare to bring up something indirectly related to your livelihood?

I don't know if that's the case with you or not Boss, but that IS the case with the friggin duct cleaners. I challenged them on every level and by doing so I attacked their pocket book. So I understand their hostility. Furthermore I went way too far and got personal. They did too of course, but that doesn't excuse what I did. I am sorry for that.

So is that the deal mid, et all? Do you guys make lots of money on duct cleaning and don't care for my stance? If that's it, fine. I'll never be liked by those folks and that's OK. Or was it something else? If I'm a pig through some misunderstanding or even a wrong I committed, I want to make amends. As I said, I did some crap I shouldn't of and owe some people apologies. If I'm a pig because I'm a staunch conservative or because I declare duct cleaning to be the snake oil of our trade, then God bless it - call me a pig all day long.

Ah, I see Boss. It appears that you deleted my ability to show my signature. IF so, I don't get it. Does not the sale of HVAC-Calc help support this site? Did I not purchase the full package? Why on Earth would you delete a comment saying that I AM a site supporter? I am one! I even put a smiley face because there is a bit of a play on words. I don't get it.

Incidentally, I'm even easier to reach on the phone than Boss. The phone number listed on my website will reach me night or day. Mid or whoever can tell me off in person. I find it a much more effective media than this.

[Edited by Irascible on 07-25-2004 at 05:43 PM]

Thumbs down All I have to say about this

California!!!!

What a mess!!!!

Call me Rob. You mentioned how feminine I was - one of many intelligent remarks you've made that Boss saw fit to ignore. I just wonder how masculine you really are. In case you didn't know, swilling beer insulting others and obsessing over women doesn't make you a man. At this point, that's all I've seen from you.

Do you dare reveal yourself to me? Or do you wish to continue to hide behind your keyboard and project an image that could very well be exactly the opposite of who you really are. Robo revealed himself and I heard a man of integrity who fights for what he believes. We don't always agree on the specifics or the tact, but I can respect him. But I see none of that in you so far and nothing worth respecting. I just see a schoolyard bully who throws insults.

If you want to keep busting my chops for no reason, it appears to be your right on this forum. But I'm calling you out. You pounce on people because you can and because you enjoy it. You even declared publicly the delight you take in such things. But there's nothing else there. Confront you with superior strength or even intellect and I'm betting you'll fold. Call me and show me what you have. Given what you've shown me so far I doubt I'll be hearing from you. I think you've shot your wad and can do no more than continue to display yourself a glittering jewel of irrelevancy. Well... irrelevant at least when beer, women and insults aren't the topic at hand.

Wow! I missed out on a slugfest

Hey Irascible, time for *you* to chill dude! No, I've never cleaned a duct, and my politics aren't in conflict with yours, and I don't care what part of the country you live in, and whether or not you're a site supporter is irrelevant, and I screwed up and said that the last thread was deleted instead of closed.

The quote about the pig meant that I didn't want to start an argument here and make extra work for the guy who runs the joint to clean up. The pig business is just a little saying of his

As for me, it appeared to me that you were playing to the hacks & diy'ers with your post.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast