Thread: New const.

Started this job about a month ago. Two package units, 15 ton York, and two split 7.5 ton Yorks going in.

We got the duct roughed in for the auditorium area, low voltage wiring run and regrigerant lines for one of the split sys run through ceiling,too.
    Tried to keep things moving so we wouldn't be boxed in by walls, etc. so hung the returns even before the wall was put up. Unfortunately I put in 1 rather than 2 return heads and STILL had to hang duct in that closet.

The offset is to get both system returns inside each closet, and equal off the corner of each closet.

Came out OK though, the two returns have to be symetric, and were measured off blueprints. when you sight down box in ceiling both returns line up on either side, and are equal off corner of wall also.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

I miss that bigger stuff. Ahhh, the good ole days of hangin 50-100' of duct in a day (nice straight big runs). Oh well, back to my barbie doll duct tomarrow

thanks for postin the pix, looks like it came out really nice!

Got some new pics now that the job is further along. They were walling up the attic as I slipped these last pieces of duct in, otherwise I would never have fit it throught the attic.

the building has a shed roof type arrangement that wraps around, with a 45 degree section/room at the corner, so the return and supply both 45 to negiotate the turn through the cattywumpuss section at the corner. There's double return heads dropping through the cieling off the duct there- with fire dampers. The duct is 1/2" less that truss spacing to get two 20 x 30 returns

Tight fit with 7.5 tons of duct in there.

Both ducts offset to cross several heights of framing due to this mess of framing at the corner of building

Some of the rooms have fire rated cielings, to save on the number of fire dampers two branches share a drop. About a 1/2 dozen less to buy, and less likely hood of a fire spreading with fewer penetrations

A later pic of the duct at the start of the thread. Now the sheetrock is up and the grid,too. Does the grid look tight to the returns? They dropped the cieling grid two inches because the sheetrock didn't go up the full 20'.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated