Just wondering, what if what you believe is wrong?

What if you are an atheist and you die and find out you are wrong. Wouldn't you wished you took te time to look into God and believe?

Now if you are a Christian and you believe in God and when you die you find out you're wrong. Was it really a waste of time to spend you life believing in something and ticking to it?

Just wondering, what if what you believe is wrong?

The story of my life. Every day learning the hard way.
    Really, study and learn.

That was first written down by a mathmetician/bible scholar named Pascal. It was called Pascal's Wager.

If you are treating people they Jesus instructed you, you can't be wrong. All you lost was the ability to take other peoples' property and dignity. Most of the secular religions would tell you that you would probably have gotten your just deserts for your crimes against humanity anyway.

If you are only acting right because God said he would reward you for your good deeds with pie in the sky when you die, you still did not lose anything except what god owes you NOTHING.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Ya know, I hear people here and other places, that there is no God and everything we do is a waste of time and a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. Heck, I used to be one of them. When I was one of them allI did was try to get the next man's stuff and was never satisfied with what I had. I was always angry or upset and never content.
    Now that I believe, (have for a few years now) it's amazing what is important in my life. I am content with what I have and do not try to screw everyone else out of what they have to get more. Before I had no real purpose, now I have a purpose. Sometimes it is to please God to get the heavenly rewards (semi-selfish) and sometimes because I know it is the right thing to do and is what we were taught to do.
    Even if I am wrong (WHICH I KNOW I AM NOT) and the is no god, what have I wasted? Did I not live my life with a purpose, was it not filled with good, didn't I help my fellow man?

As for my life, I will serve and believe in God.

I will have lived a decent life humanly speaking no more no less. Also I would hope the "real" way had a 2nd try.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Originally posted by workhorse
    Now if you are a Christian and you believe in God and when you die you find out you're wrong.
    Ummmm. That's almost funny

We had a clown in my city with his own tv program, who once said:

"I had a dream I was awake, but when I woke up I was asleep."