Post Likes

antique carrier weathermaker

i recently aquired an old still in use ac unit from a diner that closed recently . the diner has been in operation since 1935 . it had 2 owners , and the latest owner had it since 1962 . the owner couldn't tell me much about it , only that it still ran, he turned it on before i unhooked it. he used it occasionally. it's a carrier weathermaker. there are no tags or vin numbers on it . ididn't want to take it apart unless i really have to. maybe an id number inside. the ac unit was there when the diner was purchased in 1962 by the second owner. it stands 7 or 8 feet tall and about 3' by 3'. an inside model color green. i'm having trouble finding any info about it . maybe someone can help . my name is corey crouse at
    Last edited by BaldLoonie; 06-15-2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: please put e-mail address in your profile

Post Likes
    Oops.
    Last edited by Gus-Herb94; 06-16-2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Was thinking of the wrong thing

Post Likes
    This is about the oldest Weather maker literature I can find.

Post Likes
    I have seen what you are talking about...............They used Careen 7 as a refrigerant!

Post Likes

1935 Carrier Weathermaker

That is a real collectors item. Do you still have it?

Quote Originally Posted by corey crouse View Post
    i recently aquired an old still in use ac unit from a diner that closed recently . the diner has been in operation since 1935 . it had 2 owners , and the latest owner had it since 1962 . the owner couldn't tell me much about it , only that it still ran, he turned it on before i unhooked it. he used it occasionally. it's a carrier weathermaker. there are no tags or vin numbers on it . ididn't want to take it apart unless i really have to. maybe an id number inside. the ac unit was there when the diner was purchased in 1962 by the second owner. it stands 7 or 8 feet tall and about 3' by 3'. an inside model color green. i'm having trouble finding any info about it . maybe someone can help . my name is corey crouse at

Post Likes

Antique Carrier Weathermaker

Quote Originally Posted by Nixonfan View Post
    That is a real collectors item. Do you still have it?
    I have one that is original and still works great. No idea what they are worth, but I have to take it out of service due to city utility issues. Any ideas? Thanks Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Thats awesome!….I would restore it if it were mine.
    “Now the freaks are on television, the freaks are in the movies. And it’s no longer the sideshow, it’s the whole show. The colorful circus and the clowns and the elephants, for all intents and purposes, are gone, and we’re dealing only with the freaks.” - Jonathan Winters

Post Likes
    It actually works great. I believe it is virtually all original. I had to change a hose inside of it this last year, but other than that it has been fine for the last 15 years. It has just become too expensive to run on city water.

Post Likes
    Very cool to see old/antique hvac stuff in such good shape. I think I saw this or one very similar for something like $10k

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RayKwonDoe View Post
    Very cool to see old/antique hvac stuff in such good shape. I think I saw this or one very similar for something like $10k
    Wow, I think it is probably pretty rare. It might be worth that if the right buyer came along. Thanks for the info.

Post Likes
    Those were a good choice where there was limited access for equipment and ducts. Just needed condenser water. I had some way back in department stores. Mine were R12 and quiet running.
    I installed a self contained Trane 10 years ago but it was ducted and had an air cooled condenser also ducted.
    I should have played the g'tar on the MTV. MK

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

SMW Lu49