Is Carrier going under?

Yeah. Goodman finally finished off their last rival. Reminds me of the fast food wars that left Taco Bell the sole surviving fast food joint.

Wait a minute! This ain't 2018 yet!! How did you know??? ACK! A temporal breach! I must call the time cops!

Originally posted by roseair
    Is Carrier going under?
    My guess is that they are driving out all the independent dealers and they will own the contracting part of the business. Like Lennox did. But Carrier moves much slower it will take over like cancer and push everything else out of the way. There is no doing business with Carrier.

Carrier Going Under????

Just curious about your comments about Carrier. Can you enlighten me about why you feel this way. Thanks.

We were a dealer for Carrier for 19 years. The last 4 years of that relationship was a constant deterioration of dealer support. At the end it was a constant battle to get product, warranty reimbursements, technicial training etc.

The final straw for us to drop the line was when Corporate Carrier went around our distributor and signed a five State deal with Agway Petroleum Products. The Agway branch in my area openly admits that thier people at their branch has no knowledge of air conditioning. But now all of their trucks now sport the Carrier Logo and list themselves in in the phone directory as Air Conditioning Contractors with the Oval.

Now Agway has been taken over by Suburban Propane. In 2-3 years Carrier will own Suburban Propane. IMO.

Talking

Geeze Beenie, I never heard that story before........
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    Geeze Beenie, I never heard that story before........
    Just curious about your comments about Carrier. Can you enlighten me about why you feel this way. Thanks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Well, dice, he did ask! I couldn't pass up a golden oppurtunity like that.

So it's more like people want Carrier to go under. Did some new chief take over and change how they do business? It just sounds like they're getting cheap and whore-ish. I personally expect most major OEMs to go that way eventually.

Dropping Carrier

I understand Benncool. I have seen Carrier in some locations take over the independent distributorship & install bean counters & corporate idiots to manage the business. They are operations driven rather than sales driven & the personal touch with the dealers is lost. I am sure there are still some good independent distributors out there, & some corporate locations may be better managed than others.The Carrier brand does still have a loyal pull to it, but in certain areas, Carrier is losing its grip!

Carrier is still very good in my area, family owed dist for many years, they do a nice job, always treated me right and I am small potatoes.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....