Duct or no Duct AC Sys
    To who ever reads this, I would like your opinion on a question that I have. I am thinking about installing a central ac system in my house. To start I have no duct work. Should I install a unit that consists of duct work? If so then I could include a gas fire furnance. Or I could go with the ductless units. I would like to know the pros and cons of both units. I would especially like to know the opinions of people who have installed and serviced both units. In the long run I would like to know what one would be most dorable and cost efficient. I appreciate anyones comments on the two systems and what my best route would be.

Do you need or have any heat source?
    Depends on the type of house and how many rooms or areas need cooling. Have to know that first, not my area but it might be more economical to install a ductless split, maybe one of those new fancy artwork evaps. to boot.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Talking mccool thank you

Sorry it took so long for me to respond to you I am not on the computer that much. To answer your first question the house does have electric heat that is controlled by a thermostate in each room. To answer your second question the house is a two story single home that is 30 by 30. The first floor has two rooms it is split by a wall that has two door entrances so you can go from room to room. There is also a bathroom downstairs. Upstairs there are three bedrooms and also a bathroom. Just to remind you there is no duct work in the house. I am still wondering what is the better route to go.

Install a heat pump. Call a contractor in your area and they will gve you your best option, where the can run duct etc... A heat pump will usually cut your electric bill in half over baseboard heat and you still have only one bill.

When you get a good idea of what you want get three estimates from good contractors and go from there.

You will be more comfortable with a ducted system if it is installed correctly.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

I want to thank you for your input. Where are you located and could you give an estiments

[Edited by mls on 08-10-2004 at 05:01 PM]

I'm in VA and to far from you.

Click on the "contractors by state" link on the main page and find one close to you.

Good Luck
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.