+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goodman/Janitrol question

Post Likes
    I went to my local Goodman/Janitrol distributor and told them I wanted a 1.5 ton 12 seer heat pump. They gave me a model AR18-1 air handler to be matched up to a model cplj18-1 outdoor unit (which I have not installed yet due to new construction delays on the building. My customer calls me and says that the air handler will not provide a 12 seer rating. My local distributor was no help in giving me the info I need to satisfy my customer. The manager is out of town and they are extremely overworked due to the 100 degree temps we have had here in Dallas. Will that air handler give me a 12 seer rating with that outdoor unit? If not, what air handler model number do I need. Or perhaps I can go with a 13 seer outdoor unit and receive 12 seer? I checked the Goodman website and also ARI-net and found no info for the air handler that I have installed in this customer's house. Thanks for your help.

Post Likes
    Only 11 SEER with the ARUFO18, you need an ARUFO32 to get 12 SEER, make sure to install the correct orifice, the 18 requires a 55 and the 32 a/h comes with a 68 installed

Post Likes
    Originally posted by swampfox
    Only 11 SEER with the ARUFO18, you need an ARUFO32 to get 12 SEER, make sure to install the correct orifice, the 18 requires a 55 and the 32 a/h comes with a 68 installed
    Seconded on all counts. Be sure to lower the blower speed on that AR32 for proper dehumidification.

Spring for the AEPT24-1 to get 13 SEER, a quieter blower and TXV.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in