+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jones Lang LaSalle

Post Likes
    I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

Post Likes
    Graduation too you.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dave8OH1 View Post
    I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!
    Congrats. Are you mobile or stationary?
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Stationary, I will be the Lead Operating Engineer in my building. I start on the 15th.

Post Likes
    I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!
    Cool Beans!

Good luck!

Post Likes

JLL

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!
    Great!!!

Post Likes
    Well after a lengthy battle with Hireright about some false information on my background check I finally get to start work on Monday!!

Post Likes
    Well after a lengthy battle with Hireright about some false information on my background check I finally get to start work on Monday!!
    They really dig deep don't they?

Post Likes
    Yes they do, which is a good thing. However they do not like to fix errors that they make!

Post Likes
    Are they have any jobs in Los angeles ? I 'm looking for. Thank a lot.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wajohann View Post
    Are they have any jobs in Los angeles ? I 'm looking for. Thank a lot.
    I think you need to learn how to type first with proper grammar. We do everything on computers.

Post Likes
    hahaha

Post Likes
    Ive been with JLL since Sept of 2010 and I agree with most of you guys about decent pay and great benifits. The only downside so far for me is the fact that my client only has one account for purchases and that is Grainger who seldomly has what you need when you need it. The client does let us use a credit card but thats a whole other animal of crap to work through to get one and then even more to use. Sometimes the computer work and doing my Time to get paid gets a little confusing but I am getting better at it. I am also a Mob Eng and maintain about 40 diff properties in a 2 hour radius of my home building.

Job responsibilities are wide ranging. I change out lights, ballasts, toilets, plumbing, some electrical, in depth HVAC, water filters and a lot more. I feel like a maintenance man who has to know a lot about HVAC for this position. The most complex system I work on is a RTAA 140 but that is my only chiller I have in my region. The rest are all 20 tons or less.

For you mob techs in JLL, one thing I did start doing is I created a bunch of files on skydrive with microsoft. I access these files with my iphone and in these files are all of the info for each site I maintain. I keep Model and Serial numbers for all my HVAC equipment at each building and the filter sizes and belt sizes. I also keep how many good and bad light bulbs are on site and if the site has a plunger lol. When I got to the company, I had none of this information and was blindly driving out to a location to do PMs on HVAC and when I got to the site there were no filters on hand.

So far its a great company and I do love the freedom I have with no one looking over my shoulder. I really love the fact that the first day I started working ther I earned vacation time. I actually struggled in December to use my vacation days I earned just a few months earlier.

Post Likes
    Anyone from JLL here in Atlanta? Heard they have a good sized prescence,but have never run across anyone.
    GO DAWGS!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC9900 View Post
    Anyone from JLL here in Atlanta? Heard they have a good sized prescence,but have never run across anyone.
    The lead mobile tech for georgia is in ATL, but we probably only have 1 or 2 guys in that area as far as mobile techs are concered.

But there probably are more building techs in that area then anything.

Post Likes

Smile

We can buy what ever we need where ever we need to get it. We do use Grainger a lot, but if I need a specific part I just go to that supplier and get it.
    It may be different for you down there but it is the same company. Strange.

[QUOTE=Duke B;9062321]Ive been with JLL since Sept of 2010 and I agree with most of you guys about decent pay and great benefits. The only downside so far for me is the fact that my client only has one account for purchases and that is Grainger who seldom has what you need when you need it. The client does let us use a credit card but that's a whole other animal of crap to work through to get one and then even more to use.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhydronics View Post
    The lead mobile tech for georgia is in ATL, but we probably only have 1 or 2 guys in that area as far as mobile techs are concered.

But there probably are more building techs in that area then anything.
    I assume they have the mobile techs take care of multiple buildings for demand repair calls?
    If they are relatively close together, that would be OK I guess. If spread out in a metro area, don't think that would be a lot of fun.
    GO DAWGS!

Post Likes
    It is different with the stationary engineers vs. the mobile engineers. I order most of supplies from a website and have them delivered.

Post Likes
    The client I work for has me doing PM work on 60 buildings in my area. My area includes a radius of about 90 miles in all directions from my home base. My responsibilities include maintaining and repairing all electrical, HVAC, plumbing and preventive maintenance of all of that equipment. So one day I may be changing out 25 ballasts at one site and the next I may be working on a chiller latch fault problem or water pump problem and the next day I may be changing filters all day.

Like today I went 80 miles to checkout an ice machine leaking and then I went to fix a toilet flushing chain and now I'm traveling 80 more miles to go work on a split system a/c unit that I think prob has a ref leak. The job is varied and very flexible. I don't see my supervisor but maybe once every two weeks for an hour or so. I get up in the morning and look at my list of calls and regularly scheduled PMs and I choose for the most part what I do for that day.

We do have a credit card to make purchases in a pinch or from dealers for A/C parts but I mostly use Grainger for the majority of my purchases.

Post Likes

Hmm jll

I have applied for a job for JLL ATT. The job ran on career hvac for a month. The district manager called me 1-12-11 and the phone interview went well. We even talked general salary, which i was surprised. Also to my surprise, I learned this job includes some of the buildings I had previously worked on in the 80's. He told me the lead tech would call me tomorow. I interviewed with lead tech he was ever so forth right with bad, good and ugly. I was told at the end of the interview, he would submit my resume to the "higher-Up" and they will call for another interview. I'm patiently waiting for this next call. I have been looking for work since first of year. Have sent 14 resumes out. I've had 2 job offers - "bogus" - Ie.. Plenty of years experience, own truck, own tools [ok]own phone?" Employers only collecting resumes and not hiring?
    low pay what advice if any.
    Thanks alot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in