+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jones Lang LaSalle

Post Likes

JLL

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    I see them all the time in my area, they seem to do a lot of work at banks, what else do they do?
    Pfizer, Merck, UBS, B of A, P & G. JLL has been in continuous business since the late 1700's. Real Estate and asset mgmt. They do offer some training opportunities in each trade. We had to take classes every year, they could have been a better format than the ones that were selected, but at least they did it. They never hesitated to send me to training at Liebert...etc...They do a lot of Data Center work, sensible cooling environments.etc..

FlyingWrench Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sgd48843 View Post
    Hey Bob, thats probably me that you see in your area. I service banks in the Howell and Brighton area as well as a couple of retail stores at the Tanger Outlet Mall. The scuttlebutt in our area is that we picked up another national account and that we will be adding another tech to the Metro Detroit area.

I was in the building department one day pulling a permit and I hear this scuttlebutt about you guys doing an install at the bank, in front of the building department without a permit...........that cracked me up!

I guess you got busted.

Post Likes

Talking Just another stunt...

No, I'm not shocked about the permit. That type of PM is out there everyplace you go. You know, the guys that came up as someones buddy or knew someone. I've seen those shenanigans just about everyplace I've been. That's one of my functions here, "Permits", that and safety. If you manage the project, manage the whole thing and don't let any contractor bully or sweet talk you into pulling a end run, I guess I've never really liked having to appear in front of any governing body having to explain myself or any of the guys doing the work...C.Y.A. and everybody else that is linked to you. JLL is a pretty big global company, and if you transfer from place to place, you better take the time to get to know the state and local expectations. You know the old saying, "Common sense is not so common."

Post Likes
    Tempro, What do you do with JLL? Are you a stationary engineer?

Post Likes

@navyhydronics

Right now I am stationary. Assistant Chief for this account. Looking into mobil tech position in another area. I did service work before I came here. I guess it was nice to land someplace and see the end of a day from time to time. I've been in on call positions 24/7 since 1995. It is such a short window of time to transfer. My house will go, it has had lots of upgrades, but I am trying to figure out how to find a place where I am going, and get my junk moved.......Again. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Hello, first post. Just finished a year HVAC course this past June. Been looking for work, many interviews..etc. I found this post by googling "JLL MES". I should have registered for this forum a long time ago.

I too got a call from JJL (M.E.S. dept) and passed my phone interview. I will be having an in person interview soon. I'm extremely excited. It almost sounds too good to be true.. (the pay..your own truck/tools!) Around here, your lucky if you find an HVAC job with good pay/steady hours without having to buy every tool/equipment you need... let alone even a chance of getting hired in the first place. Government/State jobs are nice but it seems like those are always inside deals..so it's like your interview is for nothing. I'll let you guys know how my 2nd interview goes.

qwerty hvac: Congrats on your new position. Everything you've said is exactly what my guy I am interviewing with has told me (pay, on call, 18+10 (28) leave days, own truck, etc.) What is the ratio of HVAC work compared to general electical/plumbing/lighting, etc, that you do?

This looks like a very tight knit and helpful community full of resources. Glad I joined.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

If you do get offered the job I would say to defiantly take it. I have a brand new 2010 3/4 ton Chevy van, Over $5000 in brand new tools, company phone and laptop computer. This job does seem to good to be true, I have never had so much opportunity and so much freedom. No one is looking over your shoulder, just do your job well and no one bothers you. I would say you will do about 50% hvac but when it is hot or cold you my have more emergency calls. Most of the work is not that hard fixing doors, changing a hot water tank or sump pump, unclog a toilet, and a lot of PM work. It will probably be great for a guy right out of school because you have time to look at the buildings you will cover and can anticipate what units need work before they breakdown. Good luck I hope you get it. Also you need to be able to pass an extensive background check and drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock77 View Post
    Hello, first post. Just finished a year HVAC course this past June. Been looking for work, many interviews..etc. I found this post by goggling "JLL MES". I should have registered for this forum a long time ago.

I too got a call from JJL (M.E.S. dept) and passed my phone interview. I will be having an in person interview soon. I'm extremely excited. It almost sounds too good to be true.. (the pay..your own truck/tools!) Around here, your lucky if you find an HVAC job with good pay/steady hours without having to buy every tool/equipment you need... let alone even a chance of getting hired in the first place. Government/State jobs are nice but it seems like those are always inside deals..so it's like your interview is for nothing. I'll let you guys know how my 2nd interview goes.

qwerty hvac: Congrats on your new position. Everything you've said is exactly what my guy I am interviewing with has told me (pay, on call, 18+10 (28) leave days, own truck, etc.) What is the ratio of HVAC work compared to general electrical/plumbing/lighting, etc, that you do?

This looks like a very tight knit and helpful community full of resources. Glad I joined.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Thanks for the encouragement. I had my in person interview today with one of the senior techs.. it went well. We'll see if they offer.

Yeah his van was nice...fully stocked. Showed me the PDA/phone where the service calls come in, etc. Very busy, but that is job security the way I see it. Clients in this area seem to be mostly banks or store/office space in strip malls. Not worried about backround check. I was in the Air Force with a high security clearance and my driving record is clean. I'll keep you updated..

Post Likes

Smile

That is great. Hey by the way, where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock77 View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement. I had my in person interview today with one of the senior techs.. it went well. We'll see if they offer.

Yeah his van was nice...fully stocked. Showed me the PDA/phone where the service calls come in, etc. Very busy, but that is job security the way I see it. Clients in this area seem to be mostly banks or store/office space in strip malls. Not worried about backround check. I was in the Air Force with a high security clearance and my driving record is clean. I'll keep you updated..

Post Likes
    Thanks. I'm in Florida.. hard to find good work for some reason.. even harder to get hired. I know my day will soon come though.

Post Likes
    Rock77, Which part of florida you in ?

Did David do your interview?

Post Likes
    Hey Navy..I tried to send you a private message but I don't see that option. I just won't use their last names.

I'm in Gainesville. Dan did my phone interview...and Daniel did my in person interview. They took their ad down off the job board(s) that they posted on.. so maybe that means they chose someone..I don't know.. this wait is killing me. I just want to work!

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Hey Rock, get your post count up to 15 and apply for pro membership. That way you can pm other pro members.

Post Likes
    Rock, are you a HVAC tech ?

If you get the job i got a present waiting for you...LOL

Post Likes
    Navy: is there some hidden joke I'm missing? I just got my HVAC and EPA cert. this past summer, yes. How is the job market up there in J'ville?

qwerty: Ok thanks, I'll try to get my post count up.

Post Likes
    Rock, Just joking with you, I have been the one servicing one of the accounts in Gainesville for the past few months.

The job market up here isnt as good as it was last year but i think its better than most places.

Post Likes
    Navy: I gotcha.. the "are you a HVAC tech" part through me off.. of course I am, that's why I'm here lol. I just don't have real world field experience and I feel it might be hurting me because no one wants to hire a green tech it seems like. Well how are you supposed to get experience if no one will give you a shot. It's frustrating.
    -End rant

Post Likes

How long?

Had an interview with JLL last Tuesday and was just wondering how long before they get back to you one way or another?

Post Likes

Wait

The wait is killing me!!!!!

Post Likes
    fzr600r: I'm feelin ya. My interview was last Monday. I'm wondering if I should call him back or just assume they found someone else that was more experienced. How was your interview? What is your background?

The more I talk to people, this seems to be a big issue.. guys coming straight out of tech school seem to have a hard time getting hired because no one wants to take a "chance" on un-experienced techs. I am at a loss right now.. I'm thinking maybe I should go back to school for something else. I have the G.I. Bill so it would be paid for. Decisions decisions...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in