+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jones Lang LaSalle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Confused Jones Lang LaSalle

I just got called for an interview with this company. Anyone have any experience with them? How do they pay and do they have good benefits? Also do they believe in ongoing training. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    I started working for them a couple of months ago.

Pay is ok... at least for my area

Have not seen or heard about any trade related training

40% hvac and about 60% other stuff ( at least as a MES tech).

And if your area is like mine, REALLY busy

Post Likes
    I've been with JLL for two years in now. Best company I have ever worked for. Assigned to MES in Michigan. The pay is great ( we're union). The work is easy if you have some decent skills. We do retail stores and bank maintenance. They dont really stress training around here but join RSES or take a few classes at the supply house to stay on top of your game.

Post Likes

Hmm

Thanks for the responses guys. It will help me with my decision.

Post Likes

Cool

I got an offer form JLL and I think I am going to take it. Very good pay and benefits. They look like a good company to work for.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    I got an offer form JLL and I think I am going to take it. Very good pay and benefits. They look like a good company to work for.
    Welcome to the club...LOL

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhydronics View Post
    I started working for them a couple of months ago.

Pay is ok... at least for my area

Have not seen or heard about any trade related training

40% hvac and about 60% other stuff ( at least as a MES tech).

And if your area is like mine, REALLY busy
    Hey navyhydronics, hows your jacksonville market going? Are you the only tech for the area? Reason i ask is i never see any jobs from JLL for n.florida. Only gainesville and south florida and of corse orlando.

I was interested in them but didnt know much about them. Seems you all like it alot. Thats a positive thing, cause i never see the majority of techs like a company anymore.

I assume your guys main competitor is CB Richard ellis? They seem to have the same functions, (lots of banks) as you guys.

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 94blowncobra View Post
    Hey navyhydronics, hows your jacksonville market going? Are you the only tech for the area? Reason i ask is i never see any jobs from JLL for n.florida. Only gainesville and south florida and of corse orlando.

I was interested in them but didnt know much about them. Seems you all like it alot. Thats a positive thing, cause i never see the majority of techs like a company anymore.

I assume your guys main competitor is CB Richard ellis? They seem to have the same functions, (lots of banks) as you guys.

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread.
    1. Always busy in Jax. I cover the very north part of jax, fernandina beach and south east georgia. Their are 3 other techs that cover jax and saint augustine area and probably could use one more guy.

2. The company is good company to work for. Only draw back is the majority of your work is general maintenance work.

3. Actually CBRE is not our biggest Competition as far as mobile service (They dont have a strong mobile division) but from a stationary stand point they probably are.

Post Likes
    3. Actually CBRE is not our biggest Competition as far as mobile service (They dont have a strong mobile division) but from a stationary stand point they probably are.[/QUOTE]

In my area for about the last year now I'm seeing mobile CBRE vans. Banks seem to be big for them. I can't say I've any JLL vans.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by navyhydronics View Post
    1. Always busy in Jax. I cover the very north part of jax, fernandina beach and south east georgia. Their are 3 other techs that cover jax and saint augustine area and probably could use one more guy.

2. The company is good company to work for. Only draw back is the majority of your work is general maintenance work.

3. Actually CBRE is not our biggest Competition as far as mobile service (They dont have a strong mobile division) but from a stationary stand point they probably are.
    Thanks for the info.

Do you guys seriously get called out for clogged toilets?

Post Likes
    Toilets and anything else that breaks or is not working right

Post Likes
    Go ahead, It's not so bad. I've been working for JLL since 2006. Pay is ok, benefits are about like anyplace else. Global company with many chances to re-locate or advance based on your skills.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

I am looking forward to it. I start in a couple of weeks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    I am looking forward to it. I start in a couple of weeks.
    Are you still working for JLL? If so how is it going? Do you get annual rasies?
    Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.

Post Likes
    May I ask what kind of wage they offered you. I am thinking of applying with them in Los Angeles. I would like to know if it would be worth applying. I currently work for a mom & pop shop and hate it. Although, my wage is great $35.00hr, my sanity is really suffering... Thanks.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Not far from what you are making now and I am in Buffalo where the cost of living is lower. Also 28 Pto days,Full health benefits, 401k, stock option, truck and tools, uniforms, jacket and parka. I had none of this except for the truck and I am union. I needed something more stable and they seem to be able to offer that. They have market share and are growing, what else could you ask for?

Post Likes

DO IT....

Quote Originally Posted by so cal tech View Post
    May I ask what kind of wage they offered you. I am thinking of applying with them in Los Angeles. I would like to know if it would be worth applying. I currently work for a mom & pop shop and hate it. Although, my wage is great $35.00hr, my sanity is really suffering... Thanks.
    You will have much better resources and opportunities. JLL is a very well established company in the global market.

Post Likes
    I see them all the time in my area, they seem to do a lot of work at banks, what else do they do?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    I see them all the time in my area, they seem to do a lot of work at banks, what else do they do?
    Starting to expand out to large stripmall chain stores and alot of the cellphone retail outlets.

Post Likes
    Hey Bob, thats probably me that you see in your area. I service banks in the Howell and Brighton area as well as a couple of retail stores at the Tanger Outlet Mall. The scuttlebutt in our area is that we picked up another national account and that we will be adding another tech to the Metro Detroit area.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in