+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jones Lang LaSalle

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC9900 View Post
    I assume they have the mobile techs take care of multiple buildings for demand repair calls?
    If they are relatively close together, that would be OK I guess. If spread out in a metro area, don't think that would be a lot of fun.
    I cover about a 100 mile radius. I cover southeast georgia to the northern part of jacksonville, fl. but i only have about 25 buildings i service.

The good thing is only 5 or so of these are out in the stix, most are located in the general area to each other.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke B View Post
    So one day I may be changing out 25 ballasts at one site and the next I may be working on a chiller latch fault problem or water pump problem and the next day I may be changing filters all day.

Like today I went 80 miles to checkout an ice machine leaking and then I went to fix a toilet flushing chain and now I'm traveling 80 more miles to go work on a split system a/c unit that I think prob has a ref leak. We do have a credit card to make purchases in a pinch or from dealers for A/C parts but I mostly use Grainger for the majority of my purchases.
    You must be account specific. We have a couple guys in my area that do just ATT.

Most of our clients want us to use grainger, works out great in Jax but south east georgia doest have grainger, so i get it shipped to the house or use which ever supply house is closest.

Post Likes
    flasweating, good luck with the process. It takes a bit to get through but theres reasons for that. JLL has its kinks but I can tell you that so far for what I am looking for in an employer.. JLL is much better than any I have had in the past.

Ya navyhydronics, I am dedicated to one client/account. They have me doing varied things but its all pertaining to maintenance and service repairs. The client I support has very high insurance and security protocols and even the subcontractor who cuts the grass at the sites has to have 2 million in coverage and pass an intense background check.

I used to wonder why some companies would get a contractor from 200 miles away to spray a building for pest control and not call a local guy. It was mostly about insurance. Hell even most Residential companies only carry 1 million in insurance and they think they are doing really good with that.

When I worked for an oilfield company, I once drove 800 miles to change out a $7.00 run capacitor for the condenser fan motor. The location was on land and no one locally had the insurance to set foot on the drilling site where the a/c unit was located.

Post Likes
    Are any of you guys going to the JLL conference in Texas this year? I got my invite yesterday and thought we could meet....
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

Post Likes
    I worked for JLL for two yrs from 03-05 and they were good company to work for !!! My friend stayed and still works for them and is an assistant chief now and at same facility for 7 plus yrs .

Post Likes
    I'm just a hop from Texas, if the invite comes my way then sure. It may be for leads and higher though.

Post Likes
    Yeah, that is possible I suppose.

Post Likes
    Ive had the 3 phone interviews,think they went well. I was told to expect a call with a salary offer. Its been about a week and a half. Fingers are crossed!!

Post Likes
    Congrats. For a mobile or stationary engineer position?
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Mobile. Just thought I would of heard more by now. If they go with someone else , they would call and tell me ?

Post Likes
    I don't know. I think everyone's experience has been different. Do you mind if I ask were you are located?
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by caps101 View Post
    Mobile. Just thought I would of heard more by now. If they go with someone else , they would call and tell me ?
    that is up to the hiring manager, generally they send letters.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke B View Post
    I'm just a hop from Texas, if the invite comes my way then sure. It may be for leads and higher though.
    You are right, it is for leads and above.

Post Likes
    Well I did not get the jobTurnes out they changed job title.They had it listed as mobile enginer but i guess do to the problems since they posted now they want a 100%chiller tech.I only have about 10% experence in that field. to caps 101 do send letter of thanks and follow up after 1-2 weeks

Post Likes
    Without chiller/boiler experience I can tell you it would be difficult here in Louisiana to find a HVAC job in the month of January. It's much more seasonal here for the hiring of new people.

Post Likes
    Im in Pa. Still nothing. Assuming I didn't get it. Maybe they'll call back if the position opens up again.

Post Likes
    I wouldn't make that assumption just yet. JLL reminds me of a government entity. It's a very large company and has a lot of policy and procedure to follow with any step. It's like trying to get a huge wheel to move... It takes a lot of time and effort to get it rolling but once you do, you can't get it to stop.

Definitely keep looking for work but don't assume JLL is out of the picture until get confirmation.

Post Likes
    is kind of surprising that such a poor managed company like JLL is still around and making $$$$. my employer lost an account to JLL, they bid it real low, we wonder how they could make money with such tight margins, on top of that they hired 5 guys to do the job that 2 guys were doing before, part of the contract was sub-out to us cause they couldn't find qualified techs, year later they lost the account to us, unbelievable the mess they left behind, they most be taking money from another venture to subsidy the HVAC experiment.

Post Likes
    The lowest bidder does not always get the job.

Im not here to be a cheerleader for JLL. It does have its problems but I have seen much worse. So far they have been very good to me.

They started out in England as Jones Lang Wooten back in the late 1700s and combined with Lasalle partners in the 1960s to become Jones Lang Lasalle. I have seen a lot of things they could improve on but I have also seen other companies do much worse. I usually dont care for huge companies but this one has been more than fair with me on more than a few occassions.

Post Likes
    The interesting thing about JLL is that all accounts are managed separately, just because one contract was poorly managed does not mean that they all are.

I am on the UHC account and it managed very well. This company hasn't been around for 200 years for no reason, most of the people here know what they are doing, any company could hire a tech of two that don't have pride in their work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in