Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Navy: That has been my thinking too and it's also why I'm so frustrated. I just don't understand. I have HVAC training, military training, civil Engineering training (no CE degree, just field work for a local company), I have my EPA certs and I have 3 years experience in general construction and NO ONE wants to hire me. Not having a pity party...that aint me, I'm a go getter... I'm just venting. I'm sure most of you can relate..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock77 View Post
    Navy: That has been my thinking too and it's also why I'm so frustrated. I just don't understand. I have HVAC training, military training, civil Engineering training (no CE degree, just field work for a local company), I have my EPA certs and I have 3 years experience in general construction and NO ONE wants to hire me. Not having a pity party...that aint me, I'm a go getter... I'm just venting. I'm sure most of you can relate..
    That sucks. When I interviewed they only emphasized HVAC, and they liked my experience. I think they figure you can figure out the rest. Try to get some more training in HVAC or get into an apprenticeship.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Qwerty how the job!

Just wondering how the job is going....is it everything you thought it would be?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fzr600r View Post
    Just wondering how the job is going....is it everything you thought it would be?
    Job is going great and I love it. It really is a dream job for me. I have a great co-worker and we compliment each other with our different skills. We are learning from each other and that makes it fun, something different every day. It is the best carrier move that I could have made. Thanks for asking.

Hey everyone. One of my good friends works for JLL for about 3 years now in New York and absolutely loves it. Its perfect for him because he wasn't happy doing just service. He does more than just A/C for the company though...changes ballasts and ceiling tiles...etc... He got a brand new truck and tools and literally is smiling every time I see him. Now if we all could be that excited about our jobs. Also, he never even met his boss. Its all through email and phone calls. Sounds like a good place to work if you dont have a ton of a/c or heating experience. Just need to be reliable and honest and youll have a great job.
    Last edited by dropcorr; 09-23-2010 at 05:34 PM.

JLL

I've been working for JLL as a hvac mobile engineer, or so I thought. I do more non- hvac work than anything else. The pay could be better as some area are union, and some are not ! I was union at my old job, took a $10/hr pay cut for stable work and some vacation time. I'm hoping that my boss is full of BS, as when hired he said he was starting me out at maximum pay. Reading this site sounds like I may have been taken advantage of and I should have asked for better pay.....

Quote Originally Posted by 10yrtech View Post
    I've been working for JLL as a hvac mobile engineer, or so I thought. I do more non- hvac work than anything else. The pay could be better as some area are union, and some are not ! I was union at my old job, took a $10/hr pay cut for stable work and some vacation time. I'm hoping that my boss is full of BS, as when hired he said he was starting me out at maximum pay. Reading this site sounds like I may have been taken advantage of and I should have asked for better pay.....
    Ya they got you with that "HVAC mobile engineer"

Where are you at?

How much did they start you at?

Ya you do get alot of vacation time

Where are you from?

Let us know, Maybe we can help you out.

They have been changing upper management in my area.

midwest, and swamped. Very understaffed !

Midwest, and swamped. Very understaffed !
    How many guys are in your territory?

I have an interview on Friday with JLL in Salt Lake City for a lead position, I am very excited for the interview. I will let you know how it goes!!!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

I have an interview on Friday for lead operator!!! I am very excited, I really hope I get it!!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

Greetings from South Eastern PA.
    I have been unexploited since Feb of this year and have came in 2nd or third for about ten good opportunities. In fact, I should find out today about my latest quest. It is terrible to be out of work but there are a lot of worse situations to be in.
    I was looking forward to retiring from my last gig but they bumped me out with a guy half my age for half my wage. Now I hear he had a LTA and will be out for several weeks. I hate to laugh at someone elses misfortune but I will admit to chuckling a bit.
    Anyway, good times are always available somewhere, All we have to do is be there at the right time.
    Later

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast