+ Reply to Thread

Thread: buried freon line

Post Likes
    I have coming across a few buried freon lines.So far the customers have had me replace the line set.That's what I recommend.But some want me to hook up the condensing unit to the buried line.My boss wants me to do it and stop telling the customers.Aside from quitting the job (can't do) Are there any regulations I can quote
    Thanks for any Help
    Tom

Post Likes
    nothing wrong with a buried freon line...have installed them 150' or more...if you know what you are doing

Post Likes

buried freon lines

The line set was not put in by a pro.I have suction and liquid line straight into ground no insulation.If I wanted your resume I would have asks for it.PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP ANSWER THE QUESTION REPLY.
    Tom

[Edited by tomrogers on 07-26-2004 at 02:05 AM]

Post Likes
    ok call a pro ..happy now? if i had your problem you wouldnt need my resume!! i would fix it!!

Post Likes

buried freon line

I am a pro. In a job I can't quit.I just paid $20 bucks to see your BS .answer the question or drop off.
    The name is Tom Rogers P/S 3 years SAC ICBM I have. what do you have air head?

[Edited by tomrogers on 07-27-2004 at 02:08 AM]

Post Likes
    yea i get it you are a pro amature...you paid who $20? not me go back to school at night and learn what you dont know ...which seems to be almost everything...dont try to insult ME with you stupid comments..it forces me to be ugly also...i answered your question...and you threw a barb at me ...i am not here to teach you what you dont know..i suggest you buy "Principles of Refrigeration" by Roy Dossat and and study up!!!(PS 35 years exp) dont try one up on me my friend ...i came here to help not BSing by you...

[Edited by airman1 on 07-27-2004 at 02:11 AM]

Post Likes

buried freon lines

Not worth my time. Air head answer the question or yell at yourself

[Edited by tomrogers on 07-27-2004 at 02:16 AM]

Post Likes
    in other word you lost your civility!! i get it!!by the way WHAT WAS THE QUESTION???????????????? i am too stuepid 2 finger it yout

[Edited by airman1 on 07-27-2004 at 02:25 AM]

Post Likes

buried freon lines

READ the first question. And yes you are stupid

Post Likes
    Sorre count fnd a quston (?????) makr in the hole paragrph

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tomrogers
    I have coming across a few buried freon lines.So far the customers have had me replace the line set.That's what I recommend.But some want me to hook up the condensing unit to the buried line.My boss wants me to do it and stop telling the customers.Aside from quitting the job (can't do) Are there any regulations I can quote
    Thanks for any Help
    Tom
    No regulations I am aware of that say "Thou shalt not bury refrigeration lines"
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes

Re: buried freon lines

The line set was not put in by a pro.I have suction and liquid line straight into ground no insulation.If I wanted your resume I would have asks for it.PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP ANSWER THE QUESTION REPLY.
    Tom

Common sense will say you have a problem with uninsulated lines. You did not say this in your original post.

You come in here looking for help but act like a little snot. Do you think anyone is going to waste their time looking up in their mechanical codes if there is a an exact regulation saying "suction lines must be insulated" and then give you the exact code reference number?

Buy your own code and read it buddy.

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by airman1
    nothing wrong with a buried freon line...have installed them 150' or more...if you know what you are doing
    Do you really call that an answer?LOL,bad day huh.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes

Re: buried freon lines

Tom

You will need thicker skin if you want to hang out here,and it's worth it to thicken you hide.

Post Likes
    What was the question? i have a few..how long was the line? did it give problems before? why do you want to elinimate and bring it above ground? does it have a oil trap? does it have a solenoid? are the thermostat line protected in an encasement? why are you fighting it with your employer? do you knoe there is nothing wrong with underground line installed properly? have you had leaks in the past? yea yea without that information i am STUPID! you set the parameter...

Earth, 20th century, North America, Texas. HVAC tech in late 70s.
    Post Likes
    Everyone, beat-to-death same topic here http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=56681 .
    History repeats itself ?

Post Likes
    thanks for that refrerence..we beat a lot of subjects to death because some come and go..without that we have no discussion

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in