Thread: servel chillers

I am looking for a replacement for servels chiller/boiler? I have an apartment complex with 20+ of these units and i am looking for an alternative unit due to the repair cost involved. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Are they all tied together or are the a single circuit

They are all seperate loops.

IF you want to stay with a chiller and I sure don't know why you would, http://www.robur.com otherwise put in a normal split system.

Yes i am going to stay with chillers but i am looking for a more reliable unit (and i hate playing with ammonia). These units have been nothing but trouble and i would like to give them a good replacment option.

Servels are the gift that keeps giving they are expensive to buy,to service,to run and to dispose of.There is not a direct replacement for the chiller/heater but you can set up a boiler bank and a chiller two pipe season change over this would allow you to keep the air handlers.Or go with 90 plus and DX.A building owner with this set up of the chiller heater should be advise a pricing of repairs verus system design changes.Ever do an oil flush?