Being a light skinned Irishman, I now have 3 basal cell carcinomas that are quickly eating off my nose. I'm due for plastic sugery in September. This is after 30+ years in the heat of the sun.

I fear it all the time. I'm Irish/Dutch and as a kid was burnt to a crisp every summer. Now they tell you that getting sun burn as a kid will likely cause skin cancer later in life.

Good luck with the surgery Rob.

My dermatologist has started charging me by the pound.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Every time I go to the dr. I have them look at a new crop of odd skin things, just to make sure.

Good luck with the surgery. Stay on top of it.

My wife just had some carsinomas taken off her arm. She was never a sun person but she is a red haired Mc.

Thumbs up

Good luck Rob. I have been fortunate so far in my life. I am 1/2 Cherokee indian and 1/2 whop !! I have never put onn sunblock in my life except on my tattoos to keep them from fading. I have only burnt one time in my life and that was in Jamaica. Hope all goes well.

Skin cancer is an equal opportunity disease. Hope all goes well with you Rob.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

What kind of skin cancer is it Rob. Some skin cancers are next to harmless (as harmless as it gets anyway) but others can be pretty serious.

About 13 years ago I was diagnosed with skin cancer. I had gone to the doctors to have some warts looked at when he looked at the he advised me that they were not warts that it actually was Merkel cell carcinoma. It's rare and can attack the lymphnodes and other organs. It was scary but they were able to catch it. After several months of treatments they caught it all. I had a reoccurence a few years ago but now I know what it is and what to look for and was able to catch it early.

Turned out that it was caused by working in the commercial fishing industry, we would soak our stone crab traps in a comboniation of diesel, burnt oil and coppertox. This would keep the worms out of the wood. But being continuously exposed to this combonation and then exposed to the sun for those years what do you expect.

Good luck and even if it is nothing, read up on it and learn as much as you can about it.

I am full of Irish blood too and like to get some sun and all, but avoid too much of it for that reason, good luck Robbie me boy.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I had the top of my ear cut off this summer (not to much) because of cancer. I can't remember the name but it wasn't one of the real bad ones. Oh the problems that come with age.
    Good luck with your surgery Rob. Hope all goes well.
    Its a good Life!

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.

The left ear is due some attention after the nose!!