Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

My brother-in-law sent these a couple of weeks ago...
    I wonder why the media didn't deal with this find in Iraq???

It is a russian MIG

[Edited by cehs on 07-25-2004 at 01:46 AM]
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

looks like it's from the 70's.

I guess this would be what they meant by WMD.

Great the search is over! Can we bring our boys home now or are we going to look for a 30 year old tank?

I believe your missing the point in a cynical sort of way.
    If they went through all that work to hide an extremely large aircraft, what else have they might have tried to bury?

I think we already suspected they had aircraft, as many of them as we shot up.

The plane appears to be a MIG 25 Foxbat a very capable aircraft very comparable to the F-14/ F-15. This plane could very possibly be cleaned up and ready to fly in a few weeks. Assuming it was in good condition when buried and why bury it if it wasn't.
    The point is Saddam was almost fixated on hiding things bodies, planes, missiles, WMD materials and underground passages. If it has taken our troops this long to find a 40-ton airplane buried a few feet under the sand what else is hidden. A plane of this size buried would be very easy to find with several technologies. The simplest would be satellite imaging but expensive to run a dedicated satellite to just map the desert and very time consuming to have ground assets interpret. Next is infrared imaging might be hard to interpret, and then there is MAD. Stands for magnetic anomaly detector used for find shipwrecks mineral deposits graves sites and such. The plane should be a slam-dunk for a plane over fly with MAD onboard.
    So if something this bog and made of metal took this long to find how long could it take to find chemicals stashes lab and other materials used to cook up and deliver chemical or biological agents.

When I was in the Army in the late 70's my secondary (MOS) job skill was CBR (Chemical Biological Radiological) NCO for my unit a battalion of 2500 men. I attended many schools and took my job very serious. You see we the US was very far behind and very susceptible to Chemical and Biological attack by the Warsaw Pact countries. The Russian troops had Chemical and Biological weapons as part of their basic weapons load. A Russian officer with an equivalent authority level of a line Captain in our military had the ability use CB's without higher authority. They used them in Afghanistan and Checney. The drilled and their army was prepared to operate and fight in a CBR environment we were not. Things we took three or four days to accomplish they could do in a matter of hours. We took more than twenty minutes to change a filter in our gas mask that is if you were well trained and proficient. A Russian soldier could change his in just one breath. They could operate heir vehicles eat change clothes and use their weapons in full chemical protective gear.
    It took the United nearly 20 years to partially catch up mainly because we find the ides of using CBR morally abhorrent. The Russian lost more civilians to gas in WWI than their military lost in both World Wars. When we find out about the Russian military Chemical and Biological proficiency and their doctrine for its use it changed our entire defensive posture and outlook for the defense of Europe. The Warsaw pact countries could use chemical and Biological warfare and march across Europe with out much opposition. Nato's only viable response would have been first strike Nuclear response. A doctrine we were bound by treaty and conscience not to use. We did have a good deterrent but Carter delay it away; it could have stopped Russia long before Regan did but Carter was too soft.

The lessons we learned in the 70's and watching the Russians use CB's in Afghanistan and Checney then Saddam against the Kurds demanded that we respond to the threat or even a specter of a threat from IRAQ concerning WMD's.
    We know from Saddams on mouth that he had tons of biologics and chemicals available after 91 and that there was no accounting of what happened to them. This is and cannot be disputed the UN has stated this many times.
    It only takes a very little agent to kill believe me I accidentally got a whiff of blood agent during training and was very close to dying. Blood agent or nerve agent can kill in as little a 10 seconds and it only takes a whiff our a drop the size of a needlepoint to do it. Lets assume that Saddam shipped a innocuous 55 gallon drum of date nut oil to the US inside that drum is 5 or 6 gallons of Sarin (nerve agent) a terrorist cell gets the Sarin build a 20 simple aerosol bombs places them in a large mid western mall or how about a July 4th. Celebration in Houston. The deaths could be in the thousands at the mall or as much as 100,000 in Houston.

So I suggest you liberals that think that its no big deal that they found a plane buried in the desert and have as yet found no direct evidence of Chemical or Biological weapons stock re-think your attitudes. You see the President and the Generals of our military know much more about what the part current and future threat posed to us than you do. It is easy to sit back and say no big deal and President Bush is a murderer and is only interpreted in revenge for his daddy, while enjoying the freedom afforded you by the young men and women in our military both current and past.

Great post classical..........................

............. It's good thing this administration had the brains and nads to take a global stand against terrorism. Rather be over there with a position advantage, then over here with every gun bearing citizen on the edge.
    Syria and Iran better watch their step.......we're keepin' an Eagle Eye on em', for sure.

GREAT pics cehs

A picture truely does tell a thousand stories........

Originally posted by workhorse
    looks like it's from the 70's.

I guess this would be what they meant by WMD.

Great the search is over! Can we bring our boys home now or are we going to look for a 30 year old tank?
    ================================================== ==========

Actually, I'd seen this before when it was first uncovered. It is equipped with the latest technological weapons delivery system available. Your post is typically liberal...inaccurate, therefore irrelevant.

[Edited by bootlen on 07-25-2004 at 04:09 PM]
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

The pictures have been around for a while on the Net. I think I have posted them here. They prove to what extent they will go to, to hide weapons. Maybe after they remove the jets from the sand Workhorse can put his head there.

From the 70's

Brilliant observation. The top picture has a Hummer in it and everyone is in desert camo's.

[Edited by James 3528 on 07-25-2004 at 05:25 PM]

James to be fair I think the plane is from the 70s that is correct but barely.
    Still his premise is all-wrong!

Originally posted by classical
    James to be fair I think the plane is from the 70s that is correct but barely.
    Still his premise is all-wrong!
    Well yeah, of course the jet is from the 70's

self-deleted

not worth the time arguing

[Edited by workhorse on 07-25-2004 at 06:42 PM]

Sorry James that was suppose to say I think he meant the jet was from the 70's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast