+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ebook readers -Anybody use them?

Post Likes

Ebook readers -Anybody use them?

Trying to find a way to have all my PDF service manuals with me in the field.
    Don't want to drag a laptop around and ruin it. The Palm screens and Smartphone screens are just too small to read them.
    How do you guys do this, and what do you recommend?

Post Likes
    I got an Emachine Netbook from Wal Mart. Model Number 250-1162. Runs Windows 7, 250 GB hard drive and the screen is plenty big enough for me. It's small and I spent under $250 for it. I looked into the readers and felt for the money the netbook was a better choice.
    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dracorp2 View Post
    I got an Emachine Netbook from Wal Mart. Model Number 250-1162. Runs Windows 7, 250 GB hard drive and the screen is plenty big enough for me. It's small and I spent under $250 for it. I looked into the readers and felt for the money the netbook was a better choice.
    Thought about that. But the battery time's a week on a $259 Kindle vs. like 2 hours on a small notebook. Something in those notebooks obviously uses infinitely more current than you need to read e-documents.

Post Likes
    Your right about the battery life. Mine has less than 2 hours.
    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Post Likes
    i have an ipad and it is definitely one of the best e-books i have used. I had a kindle and i tried the nook and the ipad blew all of them out of the water. An added is plus is email, apps and web browsing too

Post Likes
    Yup, I have everything on my ipad.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Post Likes
    I carry my panasonic tough book in the truck. Toughest laptop on the market. Best diognostic tool I own, and when I'm done with a service call e-mail them a reciept and get paid. It,s worth the inconvinece to me.

Post Likes
    ive been downloading every pdf / website i can for future reference . so the IPAD sounds to be the cats meow. what are the most haves ???

Post Likes
    I have Kindle. I read actual books with it. I download books off the internet and read them in .pdf format. No problems reading anything. I have most of my .pdf's on my phone and can see them okay, but I have 20/10 vision.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in