Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    So that I don't yet again read something into what I'm seeing that's not there: This is just normal witty banter between Rob and Classical, right? If it is, I'd hate to see the angry banter.

Classical, you just don't understand The Dew. When you think The Dew, think The Family. NO ONE leaves the family, EVER. Even when you try to leave, you can't. A famous mafioso type put it this way.

In your dreams Rob remember I have seen your picture.

Ira nothing friendly between Rob and I to have banter there needs to be respect and I can truly think of nothing about him I could respect.

Your right I don't understand the drink thing I don't drink soft drinks very often never have drunk coffee and don't drink alchol anymore.
    I am however addicted to Ozarka spring water and I like Dasani water.

Originally posted by Irascible

Same goes for you infwsdm. If you have some beef or if I did you some wrong, then say it. I'm as rational as the next guy and know my faults.
    Chill Ira. I'm not mad at ya! I was just playing off of your name. It suits you

I like your style though, don't take $hit from anybody. I can't wait to read the rest of this thread

Yeah. It suits me alright... punk. I sure do have a talent for assuming the worst, don't I?

Anyway, I said earlier that I know my faults, hence the name. The screen name "angrysonofa*****" might have not made it by the censors. So I chose a more elegant way of saying it.

You can't wait to see the rest of the thread??? That assumes we haven't seen the last of my detractors. I can't imagine that's the case.

Well, it wasn't what I thought but interesting. Classy & Rob beefin? Daaaaamn.

But Ira, dude. You do need to chill. You don't put holes in your wall, and bust down your own doors do you? If you do, may I suggest anger management

Hey classical, what does Rob10 look like?

From what I can tell short round and with breast bigger than his wife.

LOL

If I am not mistaken Rob actualy made the comment about his breast.

Anger management? Pfft. It's as much shtick as it is truth. Seriously. A former lady friend of mine use to complain of her inability to get an emotional rise out of me. Years ago when I was managing fast food I was the go to guy for all the angry customers. I'd get the most foaming at the mouth rabid customers and give them nothing but stone cold business like responses. The reasonable ones would calm down as a result and the real @ssholes would just get angrier. THOSE were some fun times. Working at a fast food joint in a wealthy area gave you lots of opportunity to see the worst in man.

Admittedly I let the angry side loose more often online that in life. As someone already pointed out, the anonymity of the media brings out the worst sometimes. But on the other hand... You know how I read something into your statement that wasn't there (though a smiley face would have helped!)? I think people see the name and sometimes read anger into mine when it's not there. Or they saw my exchanges with the duct cleaners and that image imprinted itself. Either that or they're confusing my arrogance for anger. LOL!

Speaking of arrogance, I believe a few people confuse an attempt to properly use the English language for arrogance. I'm subject to sounding like a know-it-all as much as the next self-assured jerk here. There's lot's of us you know. But when you string together several words they have to look up, it only enhances that perception. And to think I barely graduated from high school.

Incidentally, I finally got what your screen name means. All this time I was filling in the blanks and calling you "Infusium". If I remember right it's a hair gel that the hair cutting place I go to sells. :^)

Originally posted by Irascible
    I didn't see the first thread. I only saw this one because I hit the seen new posts link.

I appreciate the entusiasm Mike, but there are better ways to show it than starting a thread. The title says one thing, but what it really says is "Come dump on that obnoxious ass!"... at least that's what is says to quite a few people.

I think by now you see the relationship to this thread and the one you started that got closed by Boss.

I came late to that one and it turned into muck by the time it was closed. You made some good points but as happens all too often the topic got canabalized by those who judge too quickly and too harshly.

Better ways? Well, I didn't have all night. Beside A R & Politics is a good dumping ground. AND, if you run against the incumbent.....well, let me know.

"I was commenting on the unnecessary hostility shown homeowners and newbs to the trade" was your quote.

I had been seeing some of that hostility also. It's rather childish and unprofessional. I don't give a rats behind if we help HO's or not but you can look back and every time it is a woman's signature to a question, certain individuals break their finger nails typing so fast in giving a helpful reply. No hostility but if the person dares to open up their unit......watch out. But, like it is said....."we'll get their business later." And, I don't think manufacturers should let their units get sold out back doors, or thru shopping malls etc. It's not good business. But, they should control it.

As for students or newbies, why bash them for asking a question. Maybe the student did look up the answer to 19 of the 20 questions due but would rather get a quick help. I'm sure we would find out very quickly if someone were using this site to do all his/her homework.

PS: The title does not say "come dump on that obnoxious ass" and I don't have the slightest idea where you got that from. I merely wanted to discuss the points you were making and get some feedback from others who agreed with you. But page 3 & 4 of this thread got too mushy...yuk puke.

THREAD CLOSED. But have fun at the coffee Klatch with your Dew.

Oh yeah. I got the relationship right away. And I don't actually know of a better way, other than a private message. But if this thread was an indirect way of bringing up that subject without getting the thread closed then perhaps it was clever. I just don't like being a lightening rod. Well... I do and I don't. Too bad more didn't comment in this thread or in that one before it got closed. I'm guessing that boss saw it as being a criticism on how he runs the site, which is not how it was intended at all. I can think of no other reason why he closed it. It was just a call for the intelligent adults here to live up to themselves.

The whole lightening rod thing is what I was getting at about the "come dump on..." comment. My assumption is that any thread which even implies a compliment towards me in the title will draw out the haters who wish to counter that compliment. Having had my share of battles, I have no shortage of them. But it may be that I'm assuming the worst again when it isn't really that bad. The only one drawn out so far was Rob. But he hates everyone.

Yeah. Mushy indeed. It was a nice change of pace for me. I had the warm fuzzies for a good two seconds. That doubles my prior record. LOL! Don't worry. Such moments happen in my presence about as often as Robo admits deficiencies in Goodman. (LOL! I'm kidding Robo! )

Thanks for the support. I'm off to drink my pre-bedtime shot of The Dew. I couldn't sleep (or is it that I could sleep a lot better?) without it.

Actually Classic

Originally posted by classical
    In your dreams Rob remember I have seen your picture.

Ira nothing friendly between Rob and I to have banter there needs to be respect and I can truly think of nothing about him I could respect.

Your right I don't understand the drink thing I don't drink soft drinks very often never have drunk coffee and don't drink alchol anymore.
    I am however addicted to Ozarka spring water and I like Dasani water.
    Thats a very old pic. Got the Hulk Hogan look goin on now, Bald and All. If you need references on my physical ability to take care of business, call Efficent Systems. BTW, I've seen your pic too. All I can say is "Tall Dumb Wood falls hard." BTW Since you are now a desk jockey, 15 minutes in this heat and you will be on the ground clutching your chest.

[Edited by rob10 on 07-26-2004 at 06:43 AM]

Classical could be aka "Closet"

Originally posted by classical
    If I am not mistaken Rob actualy made the comment about his breast.
    It probably turned you on!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast