Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I`ts a beatiful day in the neighborhood.
    The boss is like a shepard taking care of his flock.
    making sure they don`t run amock.....

Thanks for the clarity Mid. I understand the perception regarding the other thread. I had hoped that the repeated declarations of "Give NOTHING away!" made my view clear. I guess not.

It was simply a call for more civility. I was gone for quite a while and when I came back I noticed an uptick in hostility. Even when it is deserved, we as professionals should be better than that. Yeah, I understand the irony some people see in my having said that. But I've "gotten religion" when it comes to forums, so to speak. I saw what I did in the past and saw that it dragged me down big time. I wasn't fighting a good fight, I was being an ass. But I did no such thing in my locked thread and it should have NOT been locked. To one degree or another the observations were valid and were presented with respect.

Anyway, again, thanks for the clarity. I was getting the impression I wasn't liked. LOL!

I like ya,meet me on willowpass road.

Irascible relax man Rob does that to people and you have him pegged. If you do not agree with him 100% he calls you a liberal, he probably doesn't even vote.

You will find around here it easy to get bent I have many times with Rob and Robo. Robo I and put it behind us long ago I doubt Rob and I ever will mainly because I could care less irrelevant is the correct word.

I have been at odds with many other here mostly we forget it and move on which is best. We all have our ways and attitudes about how things should be done in our industry and most of us are passionate about it that makes for lively discussions most with out evil intent. You should see the first couple of weeks that I was posting, Airman started a thread that started a battle of epic proportions and I jumped square into the middle of it. The name calling insults abuse and threats were flying all over BOSS had to work overtime deleting post and reprimanding people publicly and privately. In time the rhetoric slowed down the discussion became almost civil and many good points and understanding of different ways came out of it.
    One of the problems of sitting behind a keyboard and being basically anonymous removes restraints you and others would normally never cross. Add to this that lack of voice timber and intonation and any statement can take on several meaning to other people. When reading a post you are allowed to fume fuss and read into it the worst possible meaning into what may have been an attempt at dry humor. Some on here have a knack for presenting the exact meaning they wish that others of us do not. Some are good at placing smiley faces or other expressions to diffuse a comment again others of us are not.
    Robo I and put it behind us long ago I doubt Rob and I ever will mainly because I could care less irrelevant is the correct word.
    Boss is really a good guy he does have a very full job trying to keep this forum in line and does a good job IMO.

At the Burger King in the Park N Shop shopping center? I'll buy lunch.

Wait... how big are you really? And in what way exactly do you like me?

Uh oh...

I know the place,but when you see this old man you`ll laugh.
    Do you do anywork in livermore?

Thanks Classical. Good words. I brought that up with Robo today regarding the lack of voice inflections and how dry this medium is. In reality that was my intent on getting Rob to call. Given the level of intellect usually displayed here, I couldn't believe my eyes. I figured there had to be more to him than that so I asked him to call. Though I figured the best way to make that happen was to talk about manhood. He's big on that and perhaps not much else.

Rob... nevermind. Since you are a known quantity then I am content to let you be known. Since you apparently spread the "joy" in many directions, I won't take it personal. However, it dumbfounds me why it is tolerated when others get reprimands for much less.

And yes, Boss is a good guy. I don't say that to suck up. If anything, I hope I've made it clear I don't suck up to anyone. I'd discard this site from my life in a heartbeat if it were necessary. But it most assuredly isn't. I know he works hard and given the literal impossiblity of being completely even handed on every single litte friggin thing when there's 10,000 little things, I guess I should let the locked thread go. But it shouldn't have been locked!!! It was a good thread. If what you say is true, much worse threads were deemed worthy of editing instead of locking. Oh well.

[Edited by Irascible on 07-25-2004 at 07:05 PM]

At this point I work almost anywhere BigB. I'm building my business at the moment. I've made enough to pay the bills and even a little profit. But I still need all I can get. This hasn't been a real hot summer as I'm sure you know. The only work I've turned down so far are from potentially problematic jobs and from work I'm not really qualified to do.

Give me a few years and if I don't hire and build, then I'll pull my travel area in. Livermore ain't bad but it's still a decent drive.

I was yust wondering if you did. I get calls ever so often for a/c add on in livermore & wondered if you want them.
    To far for me, i`d have to take a nap driving over there.

Add on? You mean there's people in Livermore without AC?

Yes, that would be appreciated. Though I'm always uneasy about the referral situation. I'll get contractors who I've never met before in my life handing me their card and telling me that if I refer them they'll refer me. I'd never do any such thing. I only refer people that I know to some extent or another. If you feel you know the kind of person I am then that's great. You can even get a better idea by looking at my website. Literally every word there was written by me. Though if you read too much, you may change your mind.

No, these would be homeowners i don`t know who want a/c installed.A lot of people know me & pass my name around
    since i`ve been here for a long time.I set the table at the last supper.

I sent you an e-mail BigB.

BTW Mid, I would have added a footnote to tone down my post where I assumed an insult but my time has expired. It seems that while my claim to being as rational as the next guy is tenuous, my claim to being Irascible is cemented.

Bigbird, you're like the teflon bird. You always manage to stay out of all of the s*it. How do you do it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast