universal certification...any good?

Smile

I live in Arizona (hence the name) and I have a friend in Indiana that just recieved his Universal Certification, however, he hasn't been able to find work in Indiana with that paper. My question is, can universal certification get you in the door and if so what kind of position can he expect... better yet, what kind of pay? I'm trying to find out if I can find some work for him out here in the feild based on the license he has.

Anybody who can read a book can pass the test, it is easy and has nothing to do with fixing hvac equipment.

The card means you can handle freon. It dosn't mean you know what you are doing. I will not hire anyone who doesn't have the card so that means everyone I look at has it and having it isn't special. It's an starting requirement just like having a drivers license.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by arizonarob
    I live in Arizona (hence the name) and I have a friend in Indiana that just recieved his Universal Certification, however, he hasn't been able to find work in Indiana with that paper. My question is, can universal certification get you in the door and if so what kind of position can he expect... better yet, what kind of pay? I'm trying to find out if I can find some work for him out here in the feild based on the license he has.
    Often the "card" is part of tech school,did he attend.

Having the CFC has no bearing on what he knows. The only thing that will get someone w/ no exp. a job is to impress an employer by showing a good attitude and a willingness to learn at the interview. A CFC card is a requirement though to get any kind of job in HVAC service. As far as pay, ya start at the bottom like everyone else.