Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The Chiller Systems Group is a network of independent contractors who service and repair large tonnage chillers. The group was formed in 1994 and has met semi-annually since that time. Current members are located in various areas throughout the United States and may even compete with one another Maintaining technical strength and sound business management through shared ideas is the primary focus of the group.

Events following the Montreal Protocol, which led to the chiller conversion market, were the driving force behind the formation of the group. Contractors found that the chiller manufacturers were reluctant to share vital information with them, and were unwilling to sell conversion materials without attaching unacceptable conditions. In April 1994 ten contractors met in Minneapolis, Minnesota to share information and ideas. The group has gathered strength and grown since that time.

Sharing expertise and knowledge among members has increased the capabilities of each contractor within the group. Occasionally one contractor will send one of their field engineers to another contractors's location for the purpose of assisting in a repair technique. Each member of the group has a responsibility to respond promptly to a request from any other member, and to keep all members advised of information that might be helpful.

The Chiller Systems Group relies upon close interaction of owners and managers on one hand and technical people on the other. Many of the owners and managers have worked in the field or have technical backgrounds. This facilitates communication within the group. These contractors view their businesses as more then a source of income. They desire to set a high level of performance and become an industry standard of excellence. Members are deeply involved in the service business and sincerely want to provide the very best service available to customers.

The Chiller Systems Group differs from other industry groups in that there are no membership fees. Each member pays their own way and shares common expenses equally. There is no administrative staff to handle correspondence and mailings. Each member must be committed and willing to handle these tasks within their own organization.
    Current members include some of the largest and most progressive service contractors in the industry. New members are welcome as long as they can contribute to the effectiveness of the group, do not compete with an existing member and are willing to commit their resources to assure the group's success.

http://www.chillergroup.com

i agree with your ideas, and that any cotractors doing piping work for trane when they change out equipment ought to make $$$ (rape) them .tranes building automation system summit isnt anything special imho and its bull**** that you need gateways for there equipment to communicate with 3rd party automation (ive worked on carrier ccn and i think its easier to program) trane sells alot of there large machines to government and the army corp of enginners wrote into there spec. that all new installs must be lontalk compliant soon hopefully there will be safeguards put in place by engineers writing specs. that protect the consumer,buisnesses,government from these predetory companys and there nazi ways of doing buissnes trane is very lucky there centrvacs run better than there intellipacks or they couldnt pull this off

Love you guys

you guys are great I love it.

you MAKES ME LOTS OF MONEY!

Hmm

The bad news is the CH530 is coming to the Intellipaks. This is a blatant attempt by Trane to corner the service market. Trane already has the CH530 on the smaller scroll chillers, I'm not real impressed with the CH530 . Unless you got a Kestrel key your FU****!!

Frown

Good idea, but some of the companys listed on the web site are not honest with customers or employees.

My..... THAT went very well ......
    I guess this thread has yet to take off.

I'll wait til it does. This sounds interesting.

I know very little about big chillers. But I know a lot about business and networking people. Sharing information.

So far, all I've heard here is chiller talk and NOTHING about the subject of this thread. Just venting and gossip.
    BOSS is certainly a very patient man....

Such as?
    Originally posted by jaymax
    Good idea, but some of the companys listed on the web site are not honest with customers or employees.

Originally posted by flemsteele
    The bad news is the CH530 is coming to the Intellipaks. This is a blatant attempt by Trane to corner the service market. Trane already has the CH530 on the smaller scroll chillers, I'm not real impressed with the CH530 . Unless you got a Kestrel key your FU****!!
    Why are you fu****?

Originally posted by flemsteele
    CH530 is not in the scroll chillers at this time.

What do you think you can do with the Kestrel key that will cause you to be fu**** with out it??? You can do everything you need in TechView with out the Kestrel key. I have one and I barely ever use it.

Hmm

TX,

Just started a scroll chiller 3wks ago .....and guess what it had a CH530!!! You will also need to have Windows 2000 on your lap top or it aint gonna work with the new software in the CH530.

Flem,

I didn't know that. I just started a 50 ton scroll last week and it had intellipak controls but it was manufactured in April, 04. I run TechView on Windows XP with no problems but obvously I hadn't tried it on the scroll.

Trane has a very solid control system especially where Trane equipment is installed. They are moving in the open protocol direction with the new Comm5/Lonworks communication channel. The MP580 series controllers programmed with Rover and run on a XP operating system are Lon open protocol and integrate nicely into the Lon world. I have worked in very large buildings with 4000 - 9000 tons of cooling and have worked on control systems as large as 36000+ points. I believe ALL controls companies are racing/struggling to achieve open protocol. We just have to be patient as the industry drives this decision much like the Montreal Protocol drove the refrigerant change. But back to the main thread... sounds to me like the chiller group has some interesting things going and I would like to know more.

Originally posted by coolh2o
    Trane has a very solid control system especially where Trane equipment is installed. They are moving in the open protocol direction with the new Comm5/Lonworks communication channel. The MP580 series controllers programmed with Rover and run on a XP operating system are Lon open protocol and integrate nicely into the Lon world.
    Can you tell me what Rover tool I need to get my XP laptop working with Trane's Comm5/Lonworks systems? I seem to be having trouble getting even that much information. And we've got four Comm5/Lonworks system going in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast