Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LOL! Some of it IS too funny. Though if you wanted him to understand Dice, it might have been said "En' da mizery. Shoot yersef an git it o'er wit."

I noticed no one directly challenged the thought that there is a lot of unnecessary hostility. That is my point and I think it's a hard one to deny.

Creating a hypothetical example of a retarded homeowner doesn't change that. Even THAT idiot, if he were real, does not serve as a justifiable excuse for us to drop our professionalism and talk like arrogant jerks. If he's smart enough to ask for help, you could just politely save his life without insulting him in the process. People will recoil from insulting advice. Insult the hypothetical trailer trash while advising him and he just might pour the gasoline in just to show you who the boss is!

Talking

You are right I suppose........it's just too hard to pass up sometimes, we need to have some fun too ya know
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

double post

There's a real bad attitude problem around here. Take a chill pill, will ya?

I too was concerned about the hostile replys and agree with you. Site rules require civility, if someone thinks
    a question is a DIY,just don't reply if the question bothers you.

I may be a bit sadistic

But it's great entertainment to see the whoopin put on the DIY'ers. For those of you that have such a big liberal heart for them, I have some advice: JOIN THE FREAKIN PEACECORP THEN GO TO SOMALIA TO PUT AC IN FOR FREE!!!

I will try to help som people sometimes but I generally stay outto the help me threads. I've had a few MGD's now so maybe I can give some helpful advice. And then again, maybe nott
    R2B4BTU

Originally posted by Diceman
    It already is a great site. If you want to help everyone do stuff that we used to get paid for, go ahead. That will give ya more time to sit home and read the bible too.
    Please do and be sure to pray for us "sinners" who try to make a living and feed our own.OH!Here we go again with the Jesus stuff.

How old are you Rob? Sheesh. You are right. It is loads of fun to berate others. Go to any school yard in America and you'll see pubescent little pukes going off on their weaker classmates. They have LOTS of fun.

It's not a question of a liberal heart. I did NOT say give away the store nor did anyone else. That issue is nothing but a straw horse. Boss could get militant and delete DIY questions left and right and it would be no skin off my nose. Quite frankly I am here for the higher level technical aspects of my trade. However, if Boss did get militant about deletion you can be sure he would be quite professional about it - even as he deleted the 10,000th question that the poster should have known not to post.

Maturity and professionalism are tough things. I have a hard time myself. I understand if you wish to save those things for paying customers.

You ask for it

1. Age-48
    2. Years in trade-33
    3. Political party- Neoconsevative Republican
    4. Attitude- People always want something for nothing. They get what the get when they ask for it!!

Originally posted by jeffkillen
    Here we go again with the Jesus stuff.
    Uh... Jeff? Dice was being sarcastic. To quote someone who is sarcastically referencing the Bible as evidence that we are "going with the Jesus stuff" again is to imagine something that isn't there.

Carnak

I agree.

Hey Irascible

You would be an ideal dumbocrat. You could head up their "Welfare for the A/C underpriviledged"!! BTW Boss needs to move this thread to APR section!!

And what did I get?

One through three are fine. Number four is specious and simplisitc. Of course people want something for nothing. They want FREE advice. By that logic, virtually every homeowner who starts a thread deserves to "get what they ask for". It's open season, ay Rob?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast