Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's a real bad attitude problem around here. Take a chill pill, will ya?

Post Likes
    How old are you Rob? Sheesh. You are right. It is loads of fun to berate others. Go to any school yard in America and you'll see pubescent little pukes going off on their weaker classmates. They have LOTS of fun.

It's not a question of a liberal heart. I did NOT say give away the store nor did anyone else. That issue is nothing but a straw horse. Boss could get militant and delete DIY questions left and right and it would be no skin off my nose. Quite frankly I am here for the higher level technical aspects of my trade. However, if Boss did get militant about deletion you can be sure he would be quite professional about it - even as he deleted the 10,000th question that the poster should have known not to post.

Maturity and professionalism are tough things. I have a hard time myself. I understand if you wish to save those things for paying customers.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes

You ask for it

1. Age-48
    2. Years in trade-33
    3. Political party- Neoconsevative Republican
    4. Attitude- People always want something for nothing. They get what the get when they ask for it!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jeffkillen
    Here we go again with the Jesus stuff.
    Uh... Jeff? Dice was being sarcastic. To quote someone who is sarcastically referencing the Bible as evidence that we are "going with the Jesus stuff" again is to imagine something that isn't there.

Post Likes

Carnak

I agree.

Post Likes

Hey Irascible

You would be an ideal dumbocrat. You could head up their "Welfare for the A/C underpriviledged"!! BTW Boss needs to move this thread to APR section!!

Post Likes

And what did I get?

One through three are fine. Number four is specious and simplisitc. Of course people want something for nothing. They want FREE advice. By that logic, virtually every homeowner who starts a thread deserves to "get what they ask for". It's open season, ay Rob?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Irascible
    Uh... Jeff? Dice was being sarcastic. To quote someone who is sarcastically referencing the Bible as evidence that we are "going with the Jesus stuff" again is to imagine something that isn't there.
    Don't have any idea what your trying to say.

Post Likes

Unless they are looking for a legit contractor

We all need to get our limit on them!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Irascible
    Don't have any idea what your trying to say.
    He doesn't either!!

Post Likes
    And Rob, you'd be an ideal candidate for remedial education in the English language. You're friggin nuts if you think I resemble anything close to a Democrat. I've been a registered Republican all my life. Shall I post pictures of my registration cards?

I say give away NOTHING if that's how it should be. I also say don't be a prick when not giving it away. What part of that don't you get? Give NOTHING. That's fine. And don't act like your ten years old. That's even better.

Post Likes

If you are a Republican

Act like it. Quit being a closet dumbocrat!!

Post Likes
    self delete {hyper venting}

[Edited by rob10 on 07-24-2004 at 07:06 PM]

Post Likes
    I'll say it for the Nth time Rob.

I NEVER said give away a damn thing!

I said only that we shouldn't get so friggin indignant and hostile with homeowners and apprentices. The last time I checked, being a jerk toward the less informed in not in the Republican platform.

Post Likes
    self delete {too strong for weak stomachs}

[Edited by rob10 on 07-24-2004 at 07:07 PM]

Post Likes

Speaking of something for nothing

By your profile you are a 12 year contractor from San Francisco, and not a *Site Supporter*. Is ten or twenty bucks a month too much for all this FREE information??

Post Likes
    LOL! Rob you have just declared that it is your "right" to berate people on a privately owned forum. It's sad because Republicans usually have a better understanding of civics than that. You can't do anything on this forum except that which its owner allows. The forum is private property. Nor do you have the "right" to berate people. Get in a cops face and insult the hell of him. Just keep doing it even though he asks you to stop and find out how far those rights will go.

But this is wasted on you. You have reduced this thread to a juvenile discussion on the right to be an ass and have declared those who disagree to be feminine. I will not answer anymore of your puerile reactions. Though it's none of your business, I purchased HVAC-Calc residential and commercial late last year. That put a few hundred bucks into Boss's pocket and I was glad to do it. However, my business is new and starting it put quite a strain on my finances. I think it's fair to leave things as is for now. Given what I've seen from site supporters, as evidenced in the start of this thread and by you, now may be a long time.

Boss,
    If someone in my house declared the "right" to berate other members of it, you can be sure they'd get harsh correction that they'd accept or they'd be out. But perhaps I'm too old fashioned. Maybe it is in a site supporter's purview to berate those he determines are freeloading, feminine or even "closet dumbocrats". As American Express will tell you, membership has its rewards.

Post Likes
    Yes it does!!!

Post Likes

Hey Ira:

Since you are from California. Check this out

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....8&pagenumber=1

Post Likes

Talking LOL !

Boss says "Thread Closed"

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in