Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    How about this SUPER SEAL STUFF I keep hearing about?
    Though I proudly say I've never used it, it sounds like it will shut down just about anything!

Maybe we found a use for this stuff after all!

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC Teacher View Post
    How about this SUPER SEAL STUFF I keep hearing about?
    Though I proudly say I've never used it, it sounds like it will shut down just about anything!

Maybe we found a use for this stuff after all!
    How about we put you in a torpedo tube with say 12 cans of sealant strapped to your belt, give you a pair of goggles and a bottle of nitrogen strapped to your back and we shoot you down there so you can end all of this distruction, then you can "proudly say I did it with SUPER SEAL"

HVAC Teacher, I'm just messing with ya, please don't take that serious, the nitrogen would kill ya!

I wonder if SuperSeal would be better used to seal up some HOT AIR leaks on the Potomac river...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I wonder if SuperSeal would be better used to seal up some HOT AIR leaks on the Potomac river...
    It might! OK I'm done with the sealant discussions, I've made my view clear and so has everyone else. Now let move past it please !!

Superseal would only work for a 1/2 day.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Fit a casing of 16-18" in diameter around the BOP.

Make that casing extend to 121 AT. (4 k )

Fill the casing with cement,the pressures will do the rest.

The well will be capped.
    if the well is plugged, it can blow out below and cause more problems.

The relief well which is being drilled is the only way to stop the flow of oil.

BTW 121 atmospheres is 3,872 fsw

1 atmosphere in sea water is 32 feet

last week I heard an interview with Matt Simmons who is CEO emeritus of the Ocean Energy Institute. He is very upset about this spill and has a great idea to stop it.

First if he believes there is no well casing to cap. Not even at 15,000 feet. He believes it all blew out. That would make relief wells pointless.

He suggested that the US use a limited nuclear explosion to kill the well. He goes on to say we have the technology to place a nuke 18,000 feet down at the top of the oil reservoir using a USN nuclear submarine. Once in position the nuke would be detonated which would instantly turn the entire top of the oil reservoir to glass. No damage to wildlife and no nuclear fallout to deal with. Problem solved.

http://www.oceanenergy.org/
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

No problem thurmont!
    Pretty thick skin after 28 years.

2010 response -"oh, you hurt my feelings"

Tony Hayward took a day off to race his 52' yacht on Saturday. He's going to catch some heat for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinpadalino View Post
    Tony Hayward took a day off to race his 52' yacht on Saturday. He's going to catch some heat for that.
    Wonder if he touched base with Obama on the golf course.

I've been following discussions on an oil drilling industry forum, interesting stuff from people that know what they are talking about:
    http://www.drillingahead.com/forum/t...ater-horizon-1

From what I gather, they're afraid to completely cap the top of the blow out preventer stack, think the stack or the casing near the sea floor may rupture, causing oil to leak up thru the sea floor at numerous locations on the sea floor.

I think they are ahead of schedule on drilling the relief well, hopefully it will be completed soon. They will cut into the casing above the reservoir, and inject heavy mud, then cement into it, and that should plug it for good. They have performed this procedure in the past on other well blowouts, and are confident it will work.

In the mean time, they're just trying to capture as much of the oil as they can, without dead heading it, and subjecting the stack to too much pressure.

Gather up all the polititions and attorneys and stick them in it...... may not stop the leak but we may still be better off.......
    I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast