Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I should pay $m's of $$$ for everyone to lollygag along for as long as they can get away with it... over something that was not intentional...

Problem is thats not whats happening here, shrimpers are skimming oil, citizen volunteers are being turned away, just like Katrina its amazing what people say when they watch the news and have no idea whats TRULY going on over here.

Come by, I'll send you my address and you can come to my house. I'll take you down to the Gulf and you can see why we are lollygaggers.

BTW better yet come down here and work with some of the oyster fisherman, some of the beds that have reopened DEQs advice is if your unsure if the oysters are good try one and see if something happens to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Shark Bite ??

I know this is no plumbers forum but Im sure alot of you have changed out a few water heaters along the way as I have. Why not make a super sized Shark Bite coupling and put a cone over the end to prevent deepwater ice issues and then a rod inside of the new piping to knock the cone clear just before contact. Hey ! just a thought, If there is pipe to bite these things work.

Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Problem is thats not whats happening here, shrimpers are skimming oil, citizen volunteers are being turned away, just like Katrina its amazing what people say when they watch the news and have no idea whats TRULY going on over here.

Come by, I'll send you my address and you can come to my house. I'll take you down to the Gulf and you can see why we are lollygaggers.

BTW better yet come down here and work with some of the oyster fisherman, some of the beds that have reopened DEQs advice is if your unsure if the oysters are good try one and see if something happens to you.
    I am not trying to be difficult; I have had the carpet pulled out from under me also... not fun at all. But I got back on my feet WITHOUT a handout from ANYONE. Funny how that goes. BTW: I grew up in Houston, I know about big oil, and I know about oil damage to beaches. And my grandparents were in NO, so I am familiar with S LA.

I think there is more politics in this oil spill than there is reality... and as long as the American public has a 'soap opera' mentality about it... rather than a 'get er done' attitude... well we will get what we asked for.

And if anyone is really simple minded enough to believe a multi-national oil co really does not care if they loose 3$B over a leak... they do not understand big oil. NOBODY likes to loose $$$. And what can be done is being done. Accidents happen, there is NO WAY to create a RISK FREE life.

So lets get over the blame game, and get on with moving forward.

BTW: watch the video a few posts up... it is worth it to understand how much $$$ is being spent to solve this issue.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

I think there is more politics in this oil spill than there is reality...

This is the sickening part of it! To watch Washington get it hands into the pot, it will surely get pi$$ed away faster.

and as long as the American public has a 'soap opera' mentality about it... rather than a 'get er done' attitude... well we will get what we asked for.

I kinda wish people could see Jindal, Barber and the local politicians like we can. They are out there with the "Get Er Done" and Washington is just throwing stones and beating their chests.....
    Everyone knows it will not be over until the relief well is finished. It's the mopping up and containing that is the problem.

And if anyone is really simple minded enough to believe a multi-national oil co really does not care if they loose 3$B over a leak... they do not understand big oil. NOBODY likes to loose $$$. And what can be done is being done. Accidents happen, there is NO WAY to create a RISK FREE life.

Just like everything else, He who takes the risks reap the rewards. But, risks are still risks and $hit happens!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Have to totally agree with the above Jindal comment, the man is bending over backwards to get things moving and the feds red tape is holding him down.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Quote Originally Posted by Vinpadalino View Post
    How about dropping a boulder on it?
    We can find the answer right here. All the smart guys on this site wont take long at all.
    put a giant wedding ring aroud it-it will stop putting out right away

Quote Originally Posted by cold in alberta View Post
    put a giant wedding ring aroud it-it will stop putting out right away
    Somehow your username and post seen to go together...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456