Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Whats the best way to stop the oil leak in the Gulf?

How about dropping a boulder on it?
    We can find the answer right here. All the smart guys on this site wont take long at all.

I am not sure why they dont have the ability to cap it with a flange and valve. it would seem to me that somewhere there has to be a flange for the various devices to attach. find that flange, get a piece of fabrication with say a twnety foot length of pipe, to direct the oil up and away from the view of the camera and tools, attach the flange in whatver fashion the available tools can do, and close the valve slowly. gotta be a way.

do what the Russians have done in the past... Nuke it!!!, seals it and hey WTF its not like there already isn't an environmental disaster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jern View Post
    do what the Russians have done in the past... Nuke it!!!, seals it and hey WTF its not like there already isn't an environmental disaster!!!
    An article about it:

http://www.oil-price.net/en/articles...oil-gusher.php

Pipe it to the surface. Use larger pipe to cover the area and run it to the surface.
    A excavator dug into an artesian well and the water shoot out of the ground like a rocket. All he did was put some rock and earth on it lol.
    It might make it worse if you blow it up. 50/50. It would either berry everything and stop the leak or make it worse lol.

Talking kill two birds with one commie

plug it with Obama

Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    I am not sure why they dont have the ability to cap it with a flange and valve. it would seem to me that somewhere there has to be a flange for the various devices to attach. find that flange, get a piece of fabrication with say a twnety foot length of pipe, to direct the oil up and away from the view of the camera and tools, attach the flange in whatver fashion the available tools can do, and close the valve slowly. gotta be a way.
    That sounds like a good idea.

It's not like we have a few years to brain-storm.......

after they cut the pipe remove the flange and cut piece and install a new flanged piece with and open valve on it then tweek it down.engineer on CNN said the cap they put on after the cut...was 100 tons,but according to his calculations would of had to be 2500 tons to plug the discharge pressure
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

From day one they should of had hundreds of boats surrounding the perimeter of the spill. Have the boats screen or filter the oil until they thought of a solution.
    Put everything else on hold. That includes summer vacation!

Recovery of the oil will cause overcapacity for tankers and refinerys in the annual fleecing and sheering season, not gonna happen.

i watched the robots on the web work..they made the cut right above a bolted fitting..i was wondering why they did not cut the bolts so they would have a clean area to bolt a new valve on..have the valve on as u attach the new valve...like when cleaning coils on a roof...sometimes u for get to put the nozzle on until after the water is on...squeeze the handle to allow flow and screw it on.

Can they freeze it?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast