This isn't intended to be a republican/democrat question, as the answer probably transcends party lines.

There's always something in the news about how certain mega corporations pay little or no taxes.

If these mega corporations have bought out, or plowed under thousands of smaller companies to get where they are, then what has happened to the tax revenue the smaller companies formerly contributed?

If this caused a shortfall in tax revenue, then who, if anyone, is making it up?

Look in the mirror and around you neighborhood!

Problem with your post is it's always "in the news". Why not ask to see how much the megas are paying in taxes. It's public information.

I trust news media about as far as I can pee up a rope.

Do I trust the megas? Maybe so, maybe no. But I 've worked for a few megas, made good money, paid my taxes, paid my bills, had insurance, had retirement, and had money left to enjoy weekends. News media have never provided anything like that for me.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

The good paying jobs

Megas employ, pays a large portion of the tax bill.

Economics 101.....business's dont pay taxes, they collect it from the end consumer. Just another hidden tax that you and I pay.

Roy

Originally posted by royc
    Economics 101.....business's dont pay taxes, they collect it from the end consumer. Just another hidden tax that you and I pay.

Roy
    ================================================== ==========

Well, kiss my grits. Royc, that's exactly right. Small business, big business, medium business. That's how they raise money for taxes...pass it along to the consumer. That's the whole point! Reduce their taxes, cost of doing business goes down, more money available to employees for raises/bonuses, less cost to consumer, more money for consumer to spend, more demand for goods/services, more tax revenue due to increased business, less cost of production, more money for employee raises/bonuses, etc. Very simple economics. Everybody knows this. But the dems/libs don't want to take advantage of the concept. Dems/libs want to keep the poor dependent on government which gives governmental control over the individual.

You want fair taxes? Then get rid of the IRS (I hope they don't read this post!), tax every entity (businesses and individuals...NO EXEMPTIONS!!!)the exact same percentage...say 10%...of every dime they collect for goods/services/employment. Example: you work one day, you make $100 a day, you pay $10 in taxes, you eat. You don't work, you don't get paid, you don't pay taxes, you don't eat. This would apply to those who are capable of working. If you are incapable of working and can prove it, then you qualify for help...not in money but in food, housing, and clothing.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club