Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Pope-

I assume you misread this thread somehow. No one said that JCI "cheats their clients."

If your comments are meant to insinuate that they somehow don't rely on maintenance contracts to make the system actually work, then most people on this site would call you a liar straight to your face. All those who deal with JCI anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Pope-

I assume you misread this thread somehow. No one said that JCI "cheats their clients."

If your comments are meant to insinuate that they somehow don't rely on maintenance contracts to make the system actually work, then most people on this site would call you a liar straight to your face. All those who deal with JCI anyway.

When JCI installs a BAS system they follow an installation contract and engineering plans, the techs go as far as the contracts mandates, in other word if you buy the Cadillac you get it but dont buy the Ford pinto and expect JCI to deliver the Cadillac, is not going to happens, now the Metasys is a proprietary system and everyone knows that and JCI is not in the "free hvac" business and you get what you paid for, as far as bailing out before the jobs complete, thats pure elephant dung, we'd be out of business by now, nobody pays for an incomplete job!!! you maybe be personally disgruntled as well as the many former York staff that saw the gravy train stopping right before their eyes, if someone comes and take my perks away I'd be piss too.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    When JCI installs a BAS system they follow an installation contract and engineering plans, the techs go as far as the contracts mandates, in other word if you buy the Cadillac you get it but dont buy the Ford pinto and expect JCI to deliver the Cadillac, is not going to happens, now the Metasys is a proprietary system and everyone knows that and JCI is not in the "free hvac" business and you get what you paid for, as far as bailing out before the jobs complete, thats pure elephant dung, we'd out of business by now, nobody pays for an incomplete job!!! you maybe be personally disgruntled as well as the many former York staff that saw the gravy train stopping right before their eyes, if someone comes and take my perks away I'd be piss too.
    Pope- I am by no means disgruntled. Heck, I even left a year prior to the takeover and I have a lot of friends both in York and in Milwaukee.

But your grandstanding and chest-beating about how things are done in your mind doesn't change the fact that a good 1/4 of the people who post on the controls side of this forum openly state that their entire (successful) business plan is simply to clean up after JCI has messed up an install.

So either you have it wrong, or hundreds of posters on this board and my friends who do JCI installs are all lying.

The way I see it, you have two options. The first one is that you can keep your head in the sand and keep telling yourself that the whole world is lying and you alone know the secret truth.

The second option is that you can learn from the bad experiences people have regarding JCI installs and you can strive to make sure that your branch is better than the rest of them.

I propose you stop "being piss" and take the second path.

BAC

No company big or small survives for as long as JCI has butchering jobs, there are plenty of formers/disgruntled employees that love to come here and smear JCI, if thats what you need to "get even" fine we all get our kicks different ways and who know if tomorrow I'd be in your side hating the evil big blue, I lost good jobs before and moved on so chances are thats not going to happens but who knows

BAC

No company big or small survives for as long as JCI has butchering jobs, there are plenty of formers/disgruntled employees that love to come here and smear JCI, if thats what you need to "get even" fine we all get our kicks different ways and who know if tomorrow I'd be in your side hating the evil big blue, I lost good jobs before and moved on so chances are thats not going to happens but who knows

Pope-

Are you mentally deficient or something?

I have no axe to grind against JCI. The fact that I used to work for York doesn't effect my opinions- as I said, I left York to pursue other things a whole year before JCI took them over- long before any rumors that such a thing was coming down the pike.

I also don't "hate" JCI. Hell, I think I even have a few shares of their stock.

Have you considered that there is no conspiracy? Have you considered that HVAC-talk isn't just a group of people out to get you?

And I don't for a second think that I have "smeared" JCI by pointing out their well known shortcomings. After all, isn't coming to grips with ones flaws the first step towards correcting them?

You seem to be an arrogant son of a b choosing to hijack this thread with your paranoid conspiracy theories. I'll leave it for a while and let others attempt to straighten you out.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Pope-

Are you mentally deficient or something?

I have no axe to grind against JCI. The fact that I used to work for York doesn't effect my opinions- as I said, I left York to pursue other things a whole year before JCI took them over- long before any rumors that such a thing was coming down the pike.

I also don't "hate" JCI. Hell, I think I even have a few shares of their stock.

Have you considered that there is no conspiracy? Have you considered that HVAC-talk isn't just a group of people out to get you?

And I don't for a second think that I have "smeared" JCI by pointing out their well known shortcomings. After all, isn't coming to grips with ones flaws the first step towards correcting them?

You seem to be an arrogant son of a b choosing to hijack this thread with your paranoid conspiracy theories. I'll leave it for a while and let others attempt to straighten you out.

-B
    I dont think I'm mentally deficient maybe I'm something... but again who knows.
    you are like my wife always like to have the last word. I don't know why I wasted my time going back and forth with such a moron like you, you have no idea how to maintain a civil conversation, I asked you to bring facts to the table and you keep beating around the bush with your inept stupidity calling me names.
    you are a very angry midget minded idiot,is not too late for you to wise up or you are going to die of a massive heart attract.

Alright, you guys done slandering eachothers outlooks now?

The point of this thread was for me to get a better understanding of the JCI/York operation and overall ethics, not for someone to roll in here blabbering like a JCI activist that believes everyone who insults JCI belongs in jail.

I have heard a lot of great information from everyone thats posted in here, let it be good or bad; its all legit input and I thank you all.

POPE~ nobody in here was putting down the company/techs/engineers; everyone was simply stating that some things that they've came across or known of people to do haven't been exactly whats described as...protocall.

By me saying they were "ruining the York brand" I was replying to all the negative comments about the company, I was not accusing or making assumptions, you need to slow your eyes down and try to absorb everything they are scanning over. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberryjay View Post
    ... Is it just based on the pure size and outreach of JCI ....
    Again, you've answered your own question. Simply put, money breeds money. It gets to a point and takes own a life of it's own. And it's ALL about the money. Pope is stating that they don't do things that are unethical, but the fact is that I gave them 3 years to try and get things settled down and the beginning of the end for me was when they did something that was reasoned to me as being ethical when I could look at the situation and know better. One of the big issues is that they have a skewed sense of ethics, in my opinion. Just because it's legal doesn't make it right.

I can tell first hand that JCI does NOT cheat any of their clients, I dare anyone to name a single instance where JCI techs were told not to follow the engineers plans, that does not happens period, JCI is such big company that tomorrow they could close all their HVAC related business and still make a ton of money, JCI has no need to cheat anyone and if a local manager is instructing his subordinates to do unethical things call 866-444-1313 and turn him in.
    As far as JCI ruining the York brand, seriously?? do you know what you talking about? York and their shady deals including bribery of government officials cost JCI millions of dollars and York wasn't associated with us back then. http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...01/daily7.html
    In a nutshell if you don't like JCI don't work there and yes they have issues like any other big outfit but dont lie about JCI conspiring to cheat their clients thats pure BS.
    Pretty much sums it up,and if York was doing so great why was it up for sale?Why didn't York buy JCI and set JCI straight on how to run a business?

Some of you guys who post on here are a joke.If you where let go from JCI just maybe, I mean maybe it was actually you that was the problem.Seems awful funny how we have over half of our area employees with 15,20,25,30,35,40+ years of service(both York and JCI),yet the way some on here talk no one is left with any knowledge and the company will be shutting the doors within the next week because corporate has let everyone go with any "experience".We still have guys who wrote original CAL1 programs for DSC in our area,whoa imagine that.

York will be turned around and made into "the" top tier company that it can be.Anybody care to look at how much equipment the York brand is now selling compared to before the acquisition?

Huckleberryjay,good luck on your endeavors where ever they take you.

I'm a noob to JCI, and a noob to big business, but one thing I've noticed in my area (the whole state, same branch basically, but different branches within the branch), it's almost like a different company every where you go.

There's the general cooperate BS that carry's over in each area, but how things are done seems to vary from place to place.
    I also think the quality of the jobs being done has a lot to do with the guys in the field. With a company as large as JCI there's no way that every install could be done in a certain way and completed a certain way.

Give a job to 2 different guys (in any company) and it'll be done 2 different ways. Right/wrong/better/hacked etc it can all happen. I've personally seen some jobs that weren't really commissioned right and were a pile for quite a while until things were cleaned up. But I've also seen a few jobs where things were deviated from the specs for the better and the customer ended up with many bells and whistles that they never dreamed of.

The only thing that will ever be the downfall of JCI is themselves and their ability to micromanage and create so many hoops to jump through to do a simple task.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

[QUOTE=teamkudzu;9619992]Pretty much sums it up,and if York was doing so great why was it up for sale?Why didn't York buy JCI and set JCI straight on how to run a business? York wasn't "up for sale", what was done was to prevent a hostile takeover. York wouldn't have bought jci if they could. They never wanted to be all things to all people.

Some of you guys who post on here are a joke.If you where let go from JCI just maybe, I mean maybe it was actually you that was the problem.Seems awful funny how we have over half of our area employees with 15,20,25,30,35,40+ years of service(both York and JCI),yet the way some on here talk no one is left with any knowledge and the company will be shutting the doors within the next week because corporate has let everyone go with any "experience".We still have guys who wrote original CAL1 programs for DSC in our area,whoa imagine that. Sorry, but I don't think that a company buying me and treating that acquisiton like slave labor a joke. Who said that anyone was let go from jci? I personally think that was a lot of the problem - you had to get caught in bed with the branch managers dog to be let go. The only thing to do is make concessions to work around the crap that piles up when that's the case. I never personally acted as if jci was going under, and never will. They just take the standards of doing business and move them to new lows simply because they have more money than anyone else (and don't mistake making money with being a good company - those two things can be miles apart).

York will be turned around and made into "the" top tier company that it can be.Anybody care to look at how much equipment the York brand is now selling compared to before the acquisition? Anybody care to look at warranty percentages now as compared to before the acquisition?

Huckleberryjay,good luck on your endeavors where ever they take you. Like it if it's good, huck, and it may be good at the factory. I've heard that things are different there than at the branches. Just don't drink the kool-aid....[/QUOTE]

Comments below...

[QUOTE=klove;9631642]
    Quote Originally Posted by teamkudzu View Post
    Pretty much sums it up,and if York was doing so great why was it up for sale?Why didn't York buy JCI and set JCI straight on how to run a business? York wasn't "up for sale", what was done was to prevent a hostile takeover. York wouldn't have bought jci if they could. They never wanted to be all things to all people.So are you trying to say that York was not in the control business before the acquisition?

Some of you guys who post on here are a joke.If you where let go from JCI just maybe, I mean maybe it was actually you that was the problem.Seems awful funny how we have over half of our area employees with 15,20,25,30,35,40+ years of service(both York and JCI),yet the way some on here talk no one is left with any knowledge and the company will be shutting the doors within the next week because corporate has let everyone go with any "experience".We still have guys who wrote original CAL1 programs for DSC in our area,whoa imagine that. Sorry, but I don't think that a company buying me and treating that acquisiton like slave labor a joke. Who said that anyone was let go from jci? I personally think that was a lot of the problem - you had to get caught in bed with the branch managers dog to be let go. The only thing to do is make concessions to work around the crap that piles up when that's the case. I never personally acted as if jci was going under, and never will. They just take the standards of doing business and move them to new lows simply because they have more money than anyone else (and don't mistake making money with being a good company - those two things can be miles apart).The original comment was pointed to the control guru's on here who where "let go" on "black Monday".

York will be turned around and made into "the" top tier company that it can be.Anybody care to look at how much equipment the York brand is now selling compared to before the acquisition? Anybody care to look at warranty percentages now as compared to before the acquisition?Care to post up "your" inside statistics that "you" seem to have?

Huckleberryjay,good luck on your endeavors where ever they take you. Like it if it's good, huck, and it may be good at the factory. I've heard that things are different there than at the branches. Just don't drink the kool-aid....[/QUOTE]
    That Blue Koolaid is pretty darn good when I will be retired and sitting on a lake fishing.

[QUOTE=teamkudzu;9631712]Comments below...

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    That Blue Koolaid is pretty darn good when I will be retired and sitting on a lake fishing.
    York was looking at HVAC controls at one time, and in my opinion not doing a very good job of it. But York never took the "we're going to take over the industry" attitude that was so prevalent within jci (I have to think it was company wide, because our branch sure talked it up from that viewpoint).

As for the comment about warranties, you started the inferences about numbers, so you go first.

Don't assume that the rest of us won't retire comfortably just because we decided that we don't want to be treated like a number.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast