Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    their NON concern for customer satisfaction, at least on the controls side.

Same thing up this way

[QUOTE=Control Man;9601172]their NON concern for customer satisfaction, at least on the controls side.

[COLOR=red]Same thing up this way

Can you guys give me some specific situations:

Fear not- they aren't speaking about the York-based chiller controls, they are speaking about Johnson's BAS controllers.

JCI has developed a reputation for installing a job half-assed and then using a service contract to finally make the system actually work.

If there is no service contract, the equipment will never work properly. If there is one, untold man hours will be wasted redesigning the system to be the way it should have been installed initially.

This is something that frustrates even the JCI guys. I know JCI guys in the field who are not allowed to take the time to install the system properly the first time.

But this has absolutely nothing to do with the chiller controls you're working on. York's chillers are known to leak oil and their DX units are known to have very loud fans but that's about the worst you can say about them.

good to know. I am proud to be a part of the team I am on here at York/JCI, York has built a reputation based on quality and it sounds as if (based on these postings) that JCI is in a way stripping the quality aspect right out of the York name. You guys agree with that?

I never saw this place before JCI took over so I have nothing to base my opinion off of but I feel now that we do a lot to ensure the quality of our products and to deisgn customer-specific units as best we can.

How are our techs not being 'allowed' enough time in the field to properly install our products?

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberryjay View Post
    How are our techs not being 'allowed' enough time in the field to properly install our products?
    Again, I'm speaking of the building automation systems themselves- The N2 bus equipment, the front end, the VAV's, the LON busses, the BACnet networks, the thermostats, etc. These JCI products have been around long before the York acquisition, as have their installation policies.

And please know that I am speaking the absolute truth here. If you wander over to the controls section of this site you'll find 15 or 20 active posters who state openly that their entire careers have been built upon taking over JCI jobs once the end users have fired JCI for the reasons listed above.

But none of this has anything to do with the equipment you are involved with.

@BACnet,
    No i completely understand what your getting at when you say that it basically has nothing to do with what I am involved with. I'm just trying to get a better understanding on how the JCI company as a whole handles its affairs. I appreciate your input and I thank you for taking the time to elaborate more deeply into these matters. I'm just here to learn everything I can.

BACNET described things around here perfectly with his posting of

Johnson's BAS controllers.JCI has developed a reputation for installing a job half-assed and then using a service contract to finally make the system actually work

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberryjay View Post
    ... York has built a reputation based on quality and it sounds as if (based on these postings) that JCI is in a way stripping the quality aspect right out of the York name.
    I think you put things very succinctly in this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    I think you put things very succinctly in this statement.
    That's sad to see, this company has been around a long time and had various breakthroughs in the hvac world. It would be unfortunate for a multi-billion dollar company to just come in and ruin that.

If their customer service and field operations are so bad then how does JCI keep the Building Efficiency part of the company ever-thriving? Is it just based on the pure size and outreach of JCI or because there is still a York name on the product?

It's not like York was a well oiled machine when Johnson took it over. I can remember at least 4 "one time charges" that accounting sprung on the stockholders over about a 6 year period. Upper management's excuses for missed targets were incredibly flimsy.

But I don't hear anyone suggesting that the York products (the ones from Norman OK or from York PA) have suffered as a result of the takeover.

CEO

You would think the CEO of Johnson Controls would take a look at the posts about his company. That way the issues could be addressed and York won't go down in the blue koolaid
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by simux View Post
    You would think the CEO of Johnson Controls would take a look at the posts about his company. That way the issues could be addressed and York won't go down in the blue koolaid
    I wish it was that cut-and-dry but I do agree with you that that would seem like the rational thing to do, you know, hop online and see what everyone is saying about your company and policies. But I don't think that someone in control of 130,000+ people worldwide has the time to do so. We can only dream of the days where it will be that simple.

I can tell first hand that JCI does NOT cheat any of their clients, I dare anyone to name a single instance where JCI techs were told not to follow the engineers plans, that does not happens period, JCI is such big company that tomorrow they could close all their HVAC related business and still make a ton of money, JCI has no need to cheat anyone and if a local manager is instructing his subordinates to do unethical things call 866-444-1313 and turn him in.
    As far as JCI ruining the York brand, seriously?? do you know what you talking about? York and their shady deals including bribery of government officials cost JCI millions of dollars and York wasn't associated with us back then. http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...01/daily7.html
    In a nutshell if you don't like JCI don't work there and yes they have issues like any other big outfit but dont lie about JCI conspiring to cheat their clients thats pure BS.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast