Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huckleberryjay View Post
    Does anyone here work for or have ever worked for Johnson Controls?
    so was this a poll question or do you something to say?

A lot of people here have worked for JCI, I was a York manager and after the JCI take over it was time to move on.

If you can accept what they are pushing then it is a good place, if you have an opinion and want to voice it then it is not the place for you...

Just my 2-cents!

Thanks for all the input on JCI guys, I put the original post up because I got the bite on a job down here at the original York location and just wanted to hear some feedback on that area/company. I got the job and moved down here from MI august of 2010 and have been loving it. I've seen a bit of the ''big business politics'' so far but nothing to crazy. Everyone is very knowledgable and helpful day in and day out so I have no complaints. Thanks again.

Thanks for all the input on JCI guys, I put the original post up because I got the bite on a job down here at the original York location and just wanted to hear some feedback on that area/company. I got the job and moved down here from MI august of 2010 and have been loving it. I've seen a bit of the ''big business politics'' so far but nothing to crazy. Everyone is very knowledgable and helpful day in and day out so I have no complaints. Thanks again.
    I left just before JCI took over. At that time I worked very closely with the test operators and I can honestly say that they were a great bunch of guys. You should consider yourself lucky to be hired into that group.

I was in building 23, just a hop and a skip away...

They seem to be losing business in this area, too, and their parts distribution is one of the worst in the business.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Man, ive thrown all kinds of bones at JCI trying to get on with them.

I got 18 years of hvac and refrigeration experience and cant even get a fff-U or anything!

WTF?

-Explain the parts distribution problems to me if you would, I'd like to know.

-It really helps to know someone that's already in or has worked there for a long time to give a good reference for you. They don't like to play games with people who aren't going to show up or do an all around bad job.

-Love it though

Quote Originally Posted by 94blowncobra View Post
    Man, ive thrown all kinds of bones at JCI trying to get on with them.

I got 18 years of hvac and refrigeration experience and cant even get a fff-U or anything!

WTF?

hows your background? any misdemeanors, felonies, dwi? bad credit perhaps? how bout employment history? JCI uses hireright and they check everything including your last colonoscopy, if you got skeletons in your closet don't bother to apply, I'm not saying thats your case but it happens a lots with JCI.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    hows your background? any misdemeanors, felonies, dwi? bad credit perhaps? how bout employment history? JCI uses hireright and they check everything including your last colonoscopy, if you got skeletons in your closet don't bother to apply, I'm not saying thats your case but it happens a lots with JCI.
    Very true man, they are extremely thorough with the people they let through the doors. If their isn't anything in your background keep applying. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    My background is fine. I have worked for a few large hvac companies, and im with a large mechanical co now.

I dont see how background comes into play as ive never had to give a SSN on the applications.?

Quote Originally Posted by OhioTech View Post
    I currently work at JCI,five years now. I have worked in the commercial industry for 25 yrs. I was with small shop 3yrs, mid range 13 yrs and have been corporate 9yrs. JCI is big business and is very money driven, there are share holders to answer to. A mechanic at JCI has to be more accountable for all work being performed. There is a lot of coaching from corporate for accountability and customer satisfaction. All big business does this. At JCI there are opportunities for those that strive for them. I see mechanics complain about lack of training. They are also the ones that never take overtime,answer the phone after 3 pm, show up on time, appreciate what they have and complain constantly. There are also mechanics that assist others, answer the phone, learn on off time, request additional company training and career advice/support from Supervisors. JCI has been around for a long time. They will be around after us. No matter what company you work for ,show up on time,leave on time,take care of all equipment like it is yours, follow the rules and take advantage of all educational opportunities. No one can take away what you learn. This will give you a great career whoever you work for.
    In my neck of the woods the problem with JCI seems to be their NON concern for customer satisfaction, at least on the controls side.

But that just might be the folks in our area only.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

-Explain the parts distribution problems to me if you would, I'd like to know.

-It really helps to know someone that's already in or has worked there for a long time to give a good reference for you. They don't like to play games with people who aren't going to show up or do an all around bad job.

-Love it though

So do they have you testing DX, Navy or Large Tonnage?

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    In my neck of the woods the problem with JCI seems to be their NON concern for customer satisfaction, at least on the controls side.

But that just might be the folks in our area only.
    Nope, not just your area.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    So do they have you testing DX, Navy or Large Tonnage?
    I am in the training program to become a Test Lab Operator so I've been bouncing around everywhere. Done some small-tonnage, large-tonnage, and other various jobs around the plant. That's what I'm loving the most..the variety.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast