I visited a store in Manhattan that had (2) Comfortmaker condensing units tucked away on the roof. The model number was C080CO; serial number 550001-N24-0048. Anyone have any idea what size the unit is? I was guessing 80 MBH due to the model number, but I've never heard of a unit that size. Any feedback would be appreciated.

They are 7.5 ton condensing units, they were the old Singer/Snyder General design that was sold to ICP

Thanks, thermo!

Nominal 8 tons. Unit was built the 24th week of 1986. Overall a good unit.

I have come across an old singer condensing unit. This is the only numbers I could find on it. C080A0 550001-H11-0016

According to this post, I'm thinking it's a 7.5 ton. Is this correct?

Also, where in the world do you go to find out old info on stuff like this?? I called every supply house in town and couldn't find out what size it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsheanazar View Post
    I have come across an old singer condensing unit. This is the only numbers I could find on it. C080A0 550001-H11-0016

According to this post, I'm thinking it's a 7.5 ton. Is this correct?

Also, where in the world do you go to find out old info on stuff like this?? I called every supply house in town and couldn't find out what size it was.
    that was an old 8ton condensing unit. Built 11th week of 1981.

some of us have been around the industry long enough and kept some of the old books . Without the internet, none of this would get around like now.

Snyder owned McQuay as well. The commercial stuff stayed with McQuay after SnyderGeneral went bye-bye.