+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: appliance guys?

Post Likes
    Hey, does it fill when you select cold water only? Have you changed the water valve lately? With the new symptom you're giving us it could be a couple of things.

Post Likes
    WH, not sure I'll check it out, thanks.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Dice I was hoping you would get it on your own, but I guess not. So I will have to give you a hand. Multiple choice of course, so you may still retain your manly ego.

1 Operator error
    2 The goat is f##king with you.
    3 One to many trips behind the shed, or maybe one to few.
    4 Intermittent door or balance switch.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Put an insulated jumper across the final spin terminals. If this doesn't work try a new "wig-wag". Let us know how this turns out.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Originally posted by workhorse
    Now guys, listen here. If it was the EFFIN timer it wouldn't work in a normal rinse or a normal spin. How about the initial fill. If you all would just follow your own advise and just LISTEN to what was said, "My washer doesn't spin out in the rinse, the extra rinse that you have to set". Now if it didn't work and other time I might agree, but most likely not. 95 times out of 100 it will NOT be the timer, it would be a switch or something else.

Could still be the timer. I've replaced lot of bad Maytag timers over the years that just5 forget part of the cycle. Just because the timer motor runs does not mean that the little switch contacts inside are not worn to the point of not making contact when required.

Post Likes
    didn't read all the answers so this is probably a repeat, but it sounds like the selector switch.

Post Likes
    didn't read all the answers so this is probably a repeat, but it sounds like the selector switch.Thats where I would start, and since it sounds intermittent I would jumper it and try it a couple of times if that cures it just replace it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by HVAC Pro
    Put an insulated jumper across the final spin terminals. If this doesn't work try a new "wig-wag". Let us know how this turns out.
    wig-wag is a pre-1984 whirlpool part

[Edited by maintmankc on 07-25-2004 at 12:00 PM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by maintmankc
    Originally posted by HVAC Pro
    wig-wag is a pre-1984 whirlpool part

[Edited by maintmankc on 07-25-2004 at 12:00 PM]
    I believe he was joking

MOST people think you are just making up a name when you say you need a wig wag, like a whachamcallit or thingamabob.

Post Likes
    You have to admit. Wig-wag was a cool part name. I only know about it because my one and only appliance repair (on my own washer) was replacing this part. A set of solenoids. Great idea.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in