+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: appliance guys?

Post Likes
    Maytag washer, few years old, nice unit so far. I notice every so often doesn't spin out final rinse, the extra rinse cycle I mean you have to select. Mess with it and it goes, anyone see this before, don't tell me it's the tranny, I have changed them before, matter of fact on old Whirlpool washer I did it twice cause they sold me the wrong one, that was fun.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Maybe it's the tranny.

Post Likes
    You need to call a pro. No DIYer's here! Read the forum rules!! Before you get kicked outta here!

Post Likes
    It's the thermostat.

Post Likes
    Let your wife show you how to operate the washer machine.

Post Likes
    Call a pro to fix it, don't be a DIY.
    Better yet hire a chinese laundry.

I used to work on those and it sounds like the timer to me.
    Make sure the drain hose enters the drain pipe at a level higher than 36 inches from the floor AND that air can enter the drain pipe, otherwise it can siphon out intermittently...

Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Post Likes
    have you changed the filter??

Post Likes

I bet

the superheat is wrong.

Post Likes
    Wait for the convention and make it hands on trouble shooting project after the three minute super heat lecture. This will all take place Saturday morning at 8:00 A.M. sharp after the Friday night social. I'm sure all minds would be nice and clear at this time to give you true customer satisfaction.

Post Likes
    Thats what happened to my maytag chicken plucken mechine.
    Wouldn`t pluck on second cycle. I called washing mechine charlie & the maytag five.

Post Likes
    Think "timer"
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes

Post Likes
    That what ya get Popa Dice, for washing out Jack's blankets in your own machine!

Post Likes
    Having my new washer worked on right now. Frigidaire stack unit. Combined price for washer and dryer was 1400 dollars. Wouldn't go into final spin. The electronic speed control wasn't receiving a the feedback signal from the variable speed motor and transmitting it to the electronic timer. All three components are matched so all three have to be changed as a set. Unit has one year parts and labor. Bought it last July 24. Usally my luck runs the other way. I think I'll purchase the extended warrenty offered.

Post Likes

Dice sent a pic of his washer to help us diagnose it

Post Likes
    You guys are about as funny as a fart in a spacesuit, and just as helpful too. I just leave the extra spin sw off and it works. I will fix it myself someday, if I have to change every part to do so.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman Maytag washer, few years old, nice unit so far. I notice every so often doesn't spin out final rinse, the extra rinse cycle I mean you have to select.
    Does it stop at the point of spin or does it advance to the timer off possition when it acts up?

Post Likes
    Need a little more info, what's the model #? Is the extra rinse switch one of the rotary type or is this touch pad? How old? Will most likely NOT be the timer. DEFINETELY IS NOT the tranny. The most common problem those washer have is if they are rotary type switch, switch is going bad, contacts inside are corroded and just replace switch, if it is the touch pad same thing, just more expensive.

Post Likes
    Oh and one more thing. Maybe it's one of the newer all electronic circuit board timer, switching, double looped feedback circuit full rinse partial soap with humidity sensitivity control.

If so, unplug the thing, and remove all the wires and the circuit board and soak the circuit board in a mixture of distilled vinegar and one part Jack Daniels. It always works for me.

BTW, what color is it?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes

Listen closely Dice

TIMER TIMER TIMER TIMER

BTW: My Dad was an appliance tech.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in