Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: appliance guys?

Originally posted by Diceman

WH, it is a push button sw, it fills on that last, extra rinse cycle but then doesn't spin out.
    Did you try pushing the "extra spin" button ?

How many times did you hit the reset button?? I know I know only once - huh??

Dice, if you can give me the model # I can tell you Maycors part number and about what it will cost for it. The Model and serial number most likely on the back edge of the control panel towards the right side, if it is not there it will be on the left side of the machine at the bottom.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick................... looks like its a timer he he

No if you have the push button selector maytag it more likely will be the selector switch but what do I know I can hardly fix hvac and I'm no expert on appliences
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Now guys, listen here. If it was the EFFIN timer it wouldn't work in a normal rinse or a normal spin. How about the initial fill. If you all would just follow your own advise and just LISTEN to what was said, "My washer doesn't spin out in the rinse, the extra rinse that you have to set". Now if it didn't work and other time I might agree, but most likely not. 95 times out of 100 it will NOT be the timer, it would be a switch or something else.

workhorse
    Naaw.. I'm sticking with the timer. If it's a mechanical timer it has a bunch of contacts that drive different things. Starting the motor on rinse with all those clothes, goat hair and water makes the spin motor draw a hecht of a lot more amps which overheats those set of points and make them act up.

We should take bets on this!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I bet it's overcharged!! Use the white switch, you don't want to be considered a hack!! Good Luck.

DeltaT

Originally posted by Diceman
    WH, it is a push button sw, it fills on that last, extra rinse cycle but then doesn't spin out. I think I will start with that switch.
    6pack??

6pack??
    You got it. Olympia or Coors from the Pacific Northwest! But what you guys have in Florida -- Billy Beer?

Say, wait a minute. We need a team of unbiased judges here cause Mr. Diceman will use this to his benefit, ya think? And we rest our social life in the hands of said aforementioned person and his technical abilities! That might be scary.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

More news, if ya run it on the whites cycle it doesn't spin out on the regualar last cycle either........wat up wit dat??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Wait till your wife gets home and let her fix it before you screw things up anymore.

Originally posted by mattm
    Wait till your wife gets home and let her fix it before you screw things up anymore.
    The one you douched with last week?
    How was that by the way?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Very refreshing. She'll tell ya all about it. She said you should shave your back more often.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast