Thread: defrost

Smile

defrost changeover too 401b
    hi,all thanks for help the unit is running great, the dfrost is as foolows evap fan stops, lls closes comp runs long enough to pumpdown too lp setting then if psi goes up comp starts too pump down again untill psi drops is this right it seems like it is. but it seems like the hearters dont remove all of the ice on one end of evap the side that has tex and lls onit.thanks ken

You could try relocating the defrost terminator higher on the evap coil (if you can), check if it's to see if it's accurate, check around the seems of the box near that side for air OA infiltration or the door gaskets, check the drain pan to ensure there flow from that side.
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

if you are doing a constant pump down then the outlet of the txv and the distributor will refrigerate into the first part of the defrost. how many pump down cycles does the compressor go through before it stops for good during defrost. I have had much better success with closing the liq line sol valve but not doing the pump down. the refrigerant in the coil actually aids in the defrosting as it willconvect heat through the tubes throughout the coil.

Originally posted by refer dude 2479
    if you are doing a constant pump down then the outlet of the txv and the distributor will refrigerate into the first part of the defrost. how many pump down cycles does the compressor go through before it stops for good during defrost. I have had much better success with closing the liq line sol valve but not doing the pump down. the refrigerant in the coil actually aids in the defrosting as it willconvect heat through the tubes throughout the coil.
    Thats a different way of doing things, if it's already set up for pumpdown do you set the LPS out to the pressures your looking to maintain in the box??
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

refer dude 2479 is talking about rewiring system from pump down to just plain solenoid drop

also kc8939 try to keep it in one thread. If you look at your previous thread at my last post this might solve your defrost problem

Originally posted by superfittertech
    refer dude 2479 is talking about rewiring system from pump down to just plain solenoid drop
    Gotcha