Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HCSR,....Oh.....never mind.

Service representative....? Yeah, I'm authorized to do Hoshi warranty service. Manitowoc and Scotsman too.

Manitowoc has gotten real snooty about it lately, though. This new S-Series deal came up and they said this year's service school was mandatory. I said mandatory as to what?....and they say it's required to maintain my status as an authorized servicer of their stuff. I said I'll go but let them know I didn't like the way this whole erosion of the traditional dealer thing has gone.

Well, to answer your question I decided a while back that this warranty service wasn't making me any money so I informed my distributors and all my local serviceless pot & pan dealers not to call me any more. I have ceased doing any warranty service on equipment that I didn't sell. I have no obligation to cater to their customers or their responsibilities to them.

That's about the size of it. As I was saying "Atlanta" traffic is really bad here and DOT says it will double by 2008 without additional road funds or new projects.

Warranty that will not pay same amount as customer... who would you go to? Last year I did Hoshi was 5K loss in travel and labor.

I like the schools too and go every chance I get but even schools have become a happy hunting ground for sales reps to bug the crap out of you. I don't live on sales, just service I tell them. Oh well....

One day they will learn there will be no sales without good techs. If they want warranty help, pay the rate.

Originally posted by lusker
    That's about the size of it. As I was saying "Atlanta" traffic is really.

Warranty that will not pay same amount as customer... who would you go to? Last year I did Hoshi was 5K loss in travel and labor.

I miss that traffic in atlanta, love those 8 lane hiways, and if your not driving 80 your backing up...

are these jobs with Hoshi any good, like the one in peachtree city?

http://jobs.rses.org/c/search_results.cfm?site_id=156

Kool...

I really like Hoshi and their products. The National Service Director and I go way back. He understood why I made the decision to stop doing warranty work. He also let me know that the sales department runs the show, not service.

I can give you a straight answer, but not here, e-mail or phone me.

Got to hit the gas pedal... uhhhh, brake pedal I mean!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12