Unhappy

open dairy case.in the bottom two GE evap fan motors;CW.Looking at the shaft, motor direction should be CCW.Blades are according to how I learned are CW.I need to make sure before tomorrow whether both blades are wrong..is the low edge of the fin the direction of rotation?thanks..

Just make sure you get the "nut side" correct. Some fans blades list this right on the front.

Some motors list rotation based upon their very own standards of nomenclature.

CW LE means clockwise; Lead End. which translates to the end of the motor the wire leads come out of.

CW SE means shaft end.

If your looking at the motor yet mounted in the case, and the motor turns CW, then you need blades to turn CW air over.
    Just use your magic marker and draw an arrow on the blade and take it with you.

Or, pick up the Fasco catalog or another one and look thru it til your comfortable.

And just remember, it changes from time to time just to keep us all off guard and humble.

Like forgeting MP 66 is ALSO called 401b. Heck. .. I never called it 401b. I always knew it simply as MP66.

Phew ... always somethig tokeep us on our toes.

Originally posted by
    R12rules

Or, pick up the Fasco catalog or another one and look thru it til your comfortable.
    Try this link for fasco pdf
    http://12.5.179.104/washer_fasco.htm

Many GE motors are "fan over" for cooling
    (fan blows back over the motor)
    that means the CW motor from back end, needs a CW fan
    so it can blow over the motor
    (fan --> motor --> airflow)
    this is especial true of GE watt motors

In this case the high end of the blade is towards the direction of of rotation as the fan blade is scooping air and directing it back towards the motor.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Originally posted by mccool
    In this case the high end of the blade is towards the direction of of rotation as the fan blade is scooping air and directing it back towards the motor.
    I guess looking from the lead end of motor the low end still makes rotation in CW likewise motor.and the flow is over the motor in this case.so I conclude that if motor rot.is from lead end the blade rot.should be checked from lead end also.