I am currently looking for a HVAC/R position in the Kansas City Metro area. No industry experience, but have recently completed EPA Universal Certification testing and am self-taught (planning to complete NATE certification testing within a year) - looking to break into the industry.

I am a hard worker, very quick to learn, self-motivated, and mechanically inclined, honest, and am a stable, responsible employee and family man.

If anyone is looking for someone who is extremely motivated, I would love to talk further to see if I might be a fit for your company.

Looking for full-time OR part-time (w/ the goal of becoming full-time) in any industry segment. I'll provide past work/educational experience if you're interested, just provide contact info (email or phone #).

Thanks in advance for the opportunity.

My email address is: bge@gbronline.com

[Edited by skywatcher on 07-19-2004 at 05:40 PM]

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I'm thinking Jerry Kelley Htg &A/c is in Kansas city if so ,ask for Steve Miles ,when you call.Should be a good place to start.

I saw an ad for Top Notch Heating and Cooling in the paper yesturday.

Been on vacation, so this may be a bit late. Neal Harris is always looking for quality, motivated people. Desire to work hard and learn are more important than experience to us. Call 816-361-1950 and ask for human resources. And yes, we service technicians are allowed to take vacation in July if our brains start to cook

Hey James - Thanks for the lead. I put a call in, but the guy I needed to talk to, Dave, wasn't in. I will put in another call later today and see what happens.

Do you have any tips as far as what Neil Harris is looking for or what they like to see in an applicant?

James: I just got off the phone with Dave - I have to say he was extremely helpful and friendly. He explained that someone with little experience (that's me) would start in a warehouse position, and move from there (depending on their learning ability and motivation).

The starting wage would mean about a 25% pay cut for me, that's tough when you're the sole wage-earner for your family, but I knew I wouldn't be making the same money as I am now starting off. However, I guess there is a fella who is working in the warehouse position now who will possibly be ready to move on soon, so Dave said I might be considered for that, he just wasn't sure when that would be. It would give me time though to find a part-time job or other income to supplement my decreased wages while in the warehouse though.

In any case, I do appreciate your help. I am going to be going in late Thursday morning to fill out an app, and if Dave is in, talk with him.

Any pointers you can give me are appreciated. Thanks again.
    Actually, if you don't mind, I have a few questions I'd like to run by you if you want to drop me an email: bge@gbronline.com

Brad