Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gov. Arnold is being called to task for a comment about "girlie men" referring to Democrats fighting his finance bill.

The really weird part is there is a group five members called the "Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Caucus" only in California and only in the Democrat's party.

Just another reason I am glad I moved out of California after living there for 23 years. However, this stuff eventually infects all of us everywhere.

California, the land of fruits & nuts.

Also known as the "Left Coast".

In the near future we`re going to break away from the continent anyway in our next big earthquake. Then ca will be come a lonely nation of wierdoos, I can see our country flag now,A man standing there with ear rings & wearing thong underware.

I guess you guys havent been to Austin yet....

They have bumper stickers all over the area saying; "Keep Austin Weird".

They got a song on the radio which sings; "What Would Willie Do?......."

There's armadillo road kill all over the place.

There's more pick up trucks here than Carter's got pills!

There's an awful lot of bull around here, and it's not just the long horn kind either!

Every state has it's fruits and nut cases!
    I gota admit though, the folks here in Texas cannot be compared to those in most of California. Texans are friendlier by a mile!

They sure are ,R-12,i`ve been in austin, houston, galviston,dalles & o ya kellin, waco, & more,i liked texas except when i stopped my truck on the side of 10 to take a leak & a rattler almost got me.

R12 you know that Austin wants very badly to be part of California. I lived there for three years moved back to Houston where it is sane.

Is Fred Nofziger still on the City Council; here is a guy for you. He was a flower vendor (bum) on street corners. The democrats decide to run this guy for City Council he wins and continues to be re elected. When I left (1995) he was in charge of running a nearly 1-billon dollar city budget.

Austin also has the second largest percentage of lawyers in the world first is D.C.
    It is also the most computer literate.

Houston,,In 1993 my wife & I & 2 dalmatian dogs we`re there for a week. There was a national dalmatian dog show & my two show dogs were in it.We stayed at the hobbie hilton hotel for the week.I remember my wife & I were in the swimming pool aroumd 5 pm when these dark clouds moved in & you could hear the thunder. Every one got out of the pool real fast & wife looked at me & said why everyone leaving so fast?I told her i`ts 5 pm, dinner time,yust then someone yells ha stupid get out of the water,lightning coming our way.What the heck do i know about lightning? I`m from california.

In 1989 I spent a month in Palo Alto we were setting up the air filtration system for a Unitel chip manufacturing plant.

The area supervisor for my company was a very nice guy but he and his wife kept trying to set me up with her friends.

It was very flattering and the women were gorgeous but I was married. They didn't see a problem with that I was away from home just have fun. Of course if I had known that my wife of ten years was going to decide 5-months latter that she wanted a divorce I might have taken them up on their offer.

I live 15 miles from palo alto, in fact i`m doing a custom home the`re now. I know about the wife thing.With my first wife, i was a long haul truck driver (18 wheeler) When i got home one sunday from a run she tells me ,i`ve been shacking up with this guy for 6 months.I said, good by , devorcied in exactly 9 months.O well, that`s life.The homes in palo alto are going for about 2 million now.I DON`T HAVE ONE.
    Where intel is , when i was a kid i use to pick prunes there.It was all orchards then.

PS:: Speaking of georges cal. women,i saw one the other day walking down the street. Beautiful long blond hair, then i drove past her, longest beard i ever seen.

Hey Bigbird! I lived in Hayward, CA for a little while and then moved to San Jose. I was in the area for 23 years. I taught HVAC fulltime at San Jose City College for 18 years. I am sure you must have run across some of my students who are now in the business. I hear from a few of them once in awhile.

The HVAC instructors teaching at San Jose City College now are great guys who do a fine job.

I am sure we both know some of the same people in the HVAC business. It is a small world. Every summer between school years I worked in the business for different contractors in the area. I worked at Loral Aerospace for several summers and know the Palo Alto facility well.

Norm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast