Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No-bleed tower schemes

Another "division" is charging forward with a no-bleed tower system, where they will rely on massive water softeners, in order to "save the planet".
    Of course, it's top secret and I haven't had a real look at what they are going to actually do.

Sounds like a setup for failure and a whole lot of tube punching, to me.
    Even with our relatively good water in this area.

What do you other folks think?
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

They better have a full time in house chemist or eventually something will get out of whack and like you said a whole lot of tube punching..
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

here is the good news....at some point, they will foul your machines and well, to be honest, you really cannot punch tubes in many machines during the week anymore. keep the faith and take their money for punching those tubes on saturdays in august. been there, done that.

Maybe they can install some magnets also.LOL

The bad part is that this is a 24/7/365 operation with 5 or so Brand "C" tri-rotor screws. Sounds like they're going to keep Goodway in business for years to come.

Most of the traditional water treatment companies have refused to even bid on it.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

They are on the market.

They use the precipitation principal. As for me, I will stick with a little tried and true treatment.

"Tried, true, and properly maintained" ALWAYS works the best. I have no issues with being environmentally conscious, but all this crap they're unloading now is nothing more than another upstart industry getting rich off of consumers that don't know better and ceo's that think "green" sounds cool..................

What klove said.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Lightbulb

Just had lunch with a co worker,and we were talking about over the last thirty years we have not seen a chemical less system work yet.We have a customer with five different sites with chemical less systems installed and all sites towers are scaled up,tubes are fouled. When people sell this type of system we will always have service repairs.

Wink Green

There are green chemicals out there that work well. But, as you are well aware, most water treatment company's are in the business to sell chemicals and lots of them. In house water treatment is the best, if you know what you are doing.

Had this contracter try and sell the school district the Dolphin Water Care system for our water towers. After doing some research and finding similar set ups in SL Valley I found/heard nothing but bad things from this type of system.

One school in the valley had to make major repairs(excess of $10k) to their 3yo water tower that had Dolphin sysytem installed.

I heard this week that a hospital in the greater Puget Sound area, where the chief engineer was a very staunch Dolphin supporter, has decided to go back to a phosphonate based tower treatment, and a stabilized bromine biocide.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

I really don't see how they can make a no bleed-no chemical system work. If you're evaporating water, even if it is softened water and may have a perfect pH, eventually you're going to cycle up enough that the fill won't overcome the excess tds anymore. That's not brain surgery, it's just fact. And that's assuming everything stays perfect all the time! Yeah right!
    If You Can't Do The Time.....

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid!" - John Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast